Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Texturing Supervisor
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: Singapore (Singapore)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Industrial Light & Magic Singapore
The Texture Supervisor oversees a team of surfacing artists who create the desired textures, ensuring that they are created and rendered according to the designs and visual style of the project.
• Working under the guidance and direction of the VFX Supervisor, the Texture/Lookdev Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and quality control of creation and rendering of textures for CG assets, ensuring that they will satisfy the style and quality of the production.
• Consults with the VFX Supervisor, the Model Supervisor and the Lighting Supervisor, to assess the technical feasibility of elements in the designs and suggest production friendly solutions that will maintain the vision of the film.
• Responsible for bidding the work and driving the overall texturing / lookdev schedule, and balancing artistic and productivity requirements, in tandem with production management and other department Supervisors.
• Attend all relevant show production and team meetings to promote effective communication throughout the show production team
• Works directly with Texture / Surfacing Leads and Pipeline Supervisors to manage troubleshooting and technical efforts in pipeline workflow development.
• In collaboration with Production, assigns work to surfacing artists based on their individual skills and strengths, as needed.
• Responsible for reviewing the work of each surfacing artist on a regular basis.
• Responsible for guiding artists’ overall professional development, providing performance feedback, facilitating overall team building efforts, and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew.
• Participates in the recruiting and staffing of the surfacing team – assesses the work of prospective candidates for the hiring process and works with Recruiting and Talent Management on hiring decisions, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Graphics, Industrial Design, Fine Arts or equivalents having gained a strong sense of design and surface development.
• Experience in UV layout, texture projections, and 2D texture painting in UV layouts
• Experience in shader, hair and fur lookdev work
• Strong Katana experience.
• Proficiency in the application and use of textures in one or more 3D applications (Maya strongly preferred).
• Proficiency in Mari, Adobe Photoshop. Zbrush and procedural texture writing experience is preferred.
• Minimum 8-10 years’ work experience in 3D CG for digital animation or visual effects film.
• Proficiency with LINUX/UNIX is required.
• Demonstrated artistic ability.
• Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills required.
• Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
• Attention to detail required.
• Proven experience and ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse skillsets and cultural backgrounds.
• A reel demonstrating texturing experience and traditional art work, together with drawings, paintings, photography, etc. Work should include shot breakdown.
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6411
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Texturing Supervisor, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Texturing Supervisor