Insomniac Games Recruiting Character Artist
Area of Interest: Art
Job Title: Character Artist
State / Province: California
Job Description: noun char·ac·ter \ˈker-ik-tər, ˈka-rik-\ The way someone thinks, feels, and behaves : Someone’s personality. A set of qualities that are shared by many people in a group, country, etc. A set of qualities that make a place or thing different from other places or things. I think Merriam-Webster nailed it! As a Character Artist your passion is creating memorable, iconic, interesting characters. We’ll look to you to expertly model, texture and shade for our characters and other key assets. Ready to show us what you’ve got? Read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director
• Creates models, textures, and shaders for characters, vehicles, weapons, and props
• Uses advanced knowledge of human and animal anatomy to ensure that models achieve a high level of functionality and design aesthetics
• Checks character assets in context in the game to identify scale and design issues
• Optimizes models and shaders.
• Actively participates in technical and artistic problem solving
• Works closely with animators and riggers to ensure models deform correctly and are functional
• Solves problems with visual design; fills in the gaps between concept art and modeling
• Meets with other character artists to discuss style and technique and maintains visual consistency
• Other duties may be required
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree (B.F.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced understanding of Photoshop, Maya and Z-brush, Mudbox or equivalent.
Advanced understanding of generating normal maps from high poly models.
Understanding of node based shader networks a plus. Understanding of source control with Perforce or the equivalent.
Expert drawing, sculpting, and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles.
Understanding of clean edge flow and best practices for modeling for animation performance.
Advanced knowledge of human and animal anatomy. Strong traditional painting skills in both stylized and photorealistic styles.
Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you – then we look forward to hearing from you! Please use the link below to apply for the role. We look forward to hearing from you! Thanks
Apply Here:- https://www1.apply2jobs.com/InsomniacGames/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=1144&CurrentPage=1
Insomniac Games Recruiting Character Artist, Insomniac Games Studios Recruiting, gamer, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx, animator jobs, jobs, cgi, Insomniac Games hiring, Insomniac Games jobs, Animation, 3d, Insomniac Games