International Game Technology Recruiting Lead Illustrator/ Concept Artist
Lead Illustrator/ Concept Artist
Primary Job Duty: Animation (Character), Typography
Primary Software: Photoshop, Illustrator (v.10 to CS5)
Secondary Software: Unity 3D
As one of the vital creative engines for International Game Technology, Ignite Studio focuses on delivering products to our domestic partners and rapidly expanding international markets. With hit titles like Godzilla, The Dark Knight and Wolf Run to name just a few, our unique studio environment promotes a “work hard, play harder,” environment to ensure employees have a proper work/home life balance to enjoy all our vibrant community has to offer. In the shadows of the Sierras, Reno gets over 300 days of sunshine each year, is minutes to world class skiing and summer activities in Lake Tahoe, and has many multicultural events that happen throughout the year in our area.
We are seeking a Senior Concept Artist/ Illustrator – an enthusiastic, flexible, creative talent to complement an industry leading team in their quest to create next generation interactive games for the casino environment. You will work on all aspects of a game’s visual design, UI, art, animation, marketing artwork, and more. Blending artistic expertise and technical ability, you will design visually stimulating content that will enhance game playability and showcase original experiences to a wide player audience. This position will use their talents to constructively communicate and create content with a motivated cross disciplined team, participate and grow in a collaborative environment, and help shape the industry with their innovative creations.
• Conceptualize, design and create highly refined Illustration and graphic art for games.
• Create and design symbol illustrations, logos, menus, UIs, buttons, etc.
• Create concept art, asset sheets, story boards, character and environmental studies, mood pieces and paint-overs – assignments ranging from quick sketches to fully realized graphics, logos, or Illustrations.
• Create animations, motion graphics and particle effects (preferred).
• Focus includes traditional slot games and cutting edge, multi-display video products.
• Produce work across a broad range of subjects and styles – from Godzilla to CSI – from detailed, realistically rendered images to cartoony/ more stylized themes….and everything in-between.
• Must possess high degree of expertise in creative thinking and technical abilities.
• Mentor, train and communicate to less experienced team members on art skills and techniques.
• Participate in art reviews and studio critiques.
• Understand slot game design practices, game playability and actively play all studio products and give feedback to help ensure a quality product.
• Participates in establishing work assignments, content delivery reviews, milestones, QA/testing, research, etc.
• Work on multiple products and have ability to multitask.
• Outstanding traditional art skills – Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.
• 6 to 10 years of experience in Illustration, graphic design and animation.
• 1 to 2 years of lead experience a plus.
• Advanced experience with Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Great sense of line and form, color and lighting, human anatomy, and both character and
• Strong graphic design skills – including typography, composition, and graphic illustration.
• Ability to thumbnail and conceptualize ideas quickly, produce storyboards, and provide rapid-iteration of drawings (exploring overall design, atmosphere, lighting and form).
• Experience with Unity is a plus, but not required.
• Knowledge of gaming field trends and gaming design preferred.
• Must be organized, goal and detailed oriented. Strong communication and problem solving skills.
• Must be collaborative – with the ability to take direction and to play well with others.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• DEMO REEL / PORTFOLIO SAMPLES REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION
International Game Technology Recruiting Lead Illustrator/ Concept Artist, igt job, igt hiring, cg job, vfx job, 3d job, animation job, cgi, job, igt, Nuke Compositors, Previz Artists, Modeler/Texture Artists, Maya Generalists w/V-Ray, Riggers, Creature/Character Animators, Lead Illustrator/ Concept Artist