Jedi Academy – TA Intern by Lucasfilm
Jedi Academy – TA Intern
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: Singapore (Singapore)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Lucasfilm Animation Company Singapore
Learn from the Masters.
Lucasfilm Singapore is a world class studio that produces digital content and visual effects for feature films. Come and join the Force for spring – we are looking for Padawans.
Jedi Academy Singapore is internship program that runs from Jan until June for up to 26 weeks. Interns will provide administrative and technology support to the production teams while having an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process
Primary Responsibilities: The Technical Assistant (TA) is responsible for providing front line support to the IT, software development team and productions. TA is also responsible for tracking and managing all digital information through the CG pipeline, and providing tool development for digital resource management . Serves as the liaison for digital resources and data pipeline information between Production, CG Supervisors, Artists, and Technical Support Staff.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating department software. Works closely with our Production Software team to ensure that code is clean and well maintained.
• Potentially write scripts for the TA department.
• Works with the CG Supervisors, Assistant Technical Directors, and Production Software team to ensure show follows proper data management procedures.
• Monitors disk usage for the facility, with a particular focus on individual shows, and on a shot-by-shot basis within those shows. Coordinates show storage needs on a long-term basis with Resource manager. Coordinates and executes the finaling process for shots and shows.
• Prioritizes, manages, and maintains archive of show data, including creation of archival backups for shows, maintenance of archive database, storage and retrieval of physical media for recent show archives. Fulfills all data restoration requests, including archival research to locate requested data.
• Prioritizes overnight renders. Coordinates processor allocations with ATDs and Production. Balances processor demands within show, between shows, and as a share of facility pool.
• Responsible for learning production pipelines.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Render farm management experience is a plus
• General knowledge of 3D software is a plus
• Basic Unix/ Linux knowledge is a must
• Understanding basic Unix / Linux commands
• Knowledge of Unix / Linux folder structure
• Basic understanding of file transfer process
• Conflict resolution experiences is preferred
• Ability to adapt to a fast changing workflow and priorities
• Understand and ability to prioritize work
• Customer service experience preferred
• Programming / scripting experience
• Python experience is a plus
• Java experience is a plus
• Demonstrate fast learning ability
• Proactively monitor support emails
• Strong interest in CG and film industry
• Self motive and willingness to learn
• Continually seeking improvement and self development
• Works with good energy, enthusiasm within a team structure
• Demonstrate goo written and verbal skills
• Willing to help team members to achieve greater success
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=4892
Jedi Academy – TA Intern by Lucasfilm, Jedi Academy – TA Internship, Jedi Academy – TA Intern, Lucasfilm, Jedi Academy, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic Singapore Recruiting, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx, animator jobs, jobs, cgi, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, ILM, ILM jobs, 3d, 3d jobs