Lighting Artist -Digital Domain Vancouver
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Lighting Artist will light shots and sequences and may participate in some Look Development. The Lighting Artist will work within the lighting and rendering pipeline to see shots through from start to finish.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create photorealistic CG lighting that meets all technical and aesthetic standards for the project.
• Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed.
• Be able to troubleshoot common rendering and lighting technical issues, including ray tracing render optimization.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• A wide range of experience and skills that can be used to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• 3+ years experience creating photorealistic lighting for live-action feature films in Maya and Renderman, Mental Ray or Vray.
• Experience with Katana and/or Arnold a plus.
• Extensive experience in a wide range of CG Lighting techniques and technical methods.
• Experience with HDRs and image based lighting.
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug common rendering issues.
• Python or C++ experience in production is ideal.
• Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
To apply for this position please submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/ Under city select Vancouver.
Lighting Artist – Digital Domain Vancouver, 3d jobs, Animation jobs, Digital Domain, Digital Domain Hiring, Digital Domain job, Digital Domain jobs, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Studios, hiring, job, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs