Looking for Surfacing Supervisor–Oriental DreamWorks (Shanghai, China)
The Surfacing Supervisor is responsible for building and executing complex surfacing assets and supervise the work of the surfacing and shading artists. Surfacing Supervisor is also responsible for translating the creative vision of the VFX Supervisor and to ensure the direction is carried out on schedule and within budget.
● Along with the DFX Supervisor interprets and translates creative direction given by the Production Designer, Art Director, and VFX Supervisor
● Demonstrate mastery of surfacing techniques of varying complexity.
● Manage complexity of the surfacing assets. Establish standards and ensure that surfacing assets work well for the rest of the pipeline.
● Perform daily one-on-one rounds with Surfacers: critique work and assist with problem solving. Troubleshoot creative and technical issues and determine when textured models are ready for review.
● Attend other departments’ reviews as needed (particularly lighting & modeling) to address surfacing questions or comments.
● Work with the Digital FX Supervisor and other departments to communicate Surfacing needs (primarily modeling) and provide for other departments’ needs (primarily Lighting).
● Bid the schedule along with the Digital FX Supervisor and Production Supervisor.
● Ensure the presentation of surfacing assets and have ability to speak to decisions made to creative leadership.
● Proactively maintain a consistent working methodology by actively sharing tips and tricks between shows, partnering with other Supervisors and staying current on other shows’ development and initiative while staying abreast of the various tools.
● Highlight cost implications of requests or changes.
● Supervise work on multiple projects
● Work with TDs, R&D, Production Engineering and Production Management to improve and evolve the production pipeline and methodologies.
● Communicate to R&D, Production Engineering or Digital FX Supervisor requests for new tools and improvements to existing tools.
● Participate in technology meetings and other meeting as required to help evolve the toolset towards studio objectives.
● Appropriately elevate issues and solutions to Production Management.
● Work with the Production Supervisors to manage department and to create schedules to ensure quotas/deadlines are met. Supervises the Surfacers and Shading Artists.
● Work with the Production Supervisor on casting shots/assignments.
● Responsible for improving the performance of artists. Mentor and provide guidance, experience and insight. Involved in trying to resolve performance related issues.
● Responsible with Production Supervisor for maintaining crew morale. Foster good working atmosphere and ethics.
● Deliver reviews with Production Supervisor to crew members; help manage career growth of staff; provide recommendations for promotions.
● Help with recruiting and perform interviews. Ensure that Surfacing new hires are provided the training.
● Facilitate meetings to keep the crew informed on show changes and requirements.
● 8+ years of experience including production experience in feature film animation
● Strong working knowledge of Mari, Katana and Arnold
● Experience building new pipelines.
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Please email your resume and any other supporting materials to email@example.com if you are interested in this position. Thank you!
Looking for Surfacing Supervisor–Oriental DreamWorks (Shanghai, China), Oriental DreamWorks, 3d jobs, Animation jobs, DreamWorks, Oriental DreamWorks Animation, hiring, job, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs, Animator jobs, Animator, 3d animator jobs, 3D Animator, 3d animation job, Oriental DreamWorks jobs, Oriental DreamWorks job, Oriental DreamWorks career