Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting 2D Visual Effects Apprentice
Jedi Masters Program – 2D Visual Effects apprentice
Company Lucasfilm Animation Company Singapore
2D Visual Effects Apprentices for the Jedi Masters Program will hone their skills through participation in a paid six-month apprenticeship program combining in-class tools training and on-floor, project-based mentorship at Industrial Light & Magic’s Singapore studio. We are looking for candidates with a strong base of knowledge in creating 2D computer-generated imagery. Apprentices will further their abilities as visual effects artists specializing in the areas of Rotoscoping, Paint, Plate Reconstruction and Compositing.
• Create mattes, selections and masks using a variety of techniques including green/blue screen extraction, luminance keys and articulated rotoscoping techniques.
• Modify and remove isolated elements for digitally composited sequences using both procedural and hand painted methods (including projections, tracking, etc).
• Composite multiple elements from a variety of sources into seamless final shots.
• Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading.
• Work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment.
• Demonstrate good listening and communication skills by openly receiving direction and criticism.
• Ability to ask good questions to confirm clear understanding of the direction and the approach to the work.
• Demonstrate basic presentation/communication skills in daily reviews by clearly and briefly outlining what has been accomplished.
• Demonstrate the development of an artistic eye.
• Demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time well.
Education and Experience
• Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree
• Prefer a minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in computer graphics.
Fresh graduates, and applicants with less experience and exceptional skills, will also be considered.
• Show-reel or portfolio demonstrating Compositing, Rotoscoping, and digital painting skills.
Demonstrable knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, and composition is required.
• Fluency in Photoshop is preferred.
• Experience using node-based compositing software (such as Nuke) is preferred.
• Familiarity with CG fundamentals and terminology is preferred.
• Familiarity with photography or cinematography is preferred.
Apply here:- www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=5659&CurrentPage=1
Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting 2D Visual Effects apprentice, Lucasfilm Animation Company San Francisco Recruiting, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx, animator jobs, jobs, cgi, Lucasfilm Animation Company hiring, Lucasfilm Animation Company jobs, ILM, ILM jobs, 3d, 3d jobs, Layout / Matchmove Artist, Senior 3D Generalist, 2D Visual Effects apprentice