Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Assistant Technical Director
Assistant Technical Director
Location: Letterman Digital Arts Center
City: San Francisco
Job Description Summary:
The Asst Technical Director reports to the Manager, Animation & Digital Assets is responsible for supporting the evaluation of all 3D assets for 3rd party 3D scanning vendors, various digital assets from Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), and the fulfillment of special asset requests for departments such as Games and Animation.
• Manages the evaluation and feedback for all digital assets from 3rd party vendors handling 3D scanning (both for Lucasfilm production and external vendors); offers guidance and knowledge; delivers approved assets to both internal Lucasfilm departments and external groups
• Works closely with 3D & Sound Asset Administrator on fulfillment of all 3D archival requests
• Aids with creation and upkeep of digital asset specs for Lucasfilm internal groups (excluding Skywalker Sound) alongside the Manager, Animation & Digital Assets
• Facilitates 3D asset handoff and ingestion into the asset management library
• Serves as technical liaison between production and internal Lucasfilm departments
• Responsible for the creation of all asset turntables and the setup of any associated related scripts and/or tools
• Assists with fulfillment of all Animation 3D asset requests when needed with the Lucasfilm Animation department
• Coordinates with IT to address technical department projects (such as Zendesk, software adoption, disk management, etc.)
• Administrates the department Zendesk interface, manages issue resolution and enhancement implementations
• Responsible for the lighting set up and rendering of all custom 3D files, when applicable, to determine appropriate lighting style based on client needs and specs
• Manages the monitoring of all production materials to ensure compatibility with established pipelines (both live-action and Animation, when needed); duties involved, but are not limited to:
o Shot Directory Arrangement & disk space monitoring
o Creation and maintenance of pipeline documentation
o Proactively manages processor load/requirements, reporting problems to Manager, Animation & Digital Assets
o Knowledge of Production scripts
o Modification of existing scripts where needed and development of appropriate improvements to existing pipeline
• Responsible for the management and production of 3D delivery packages, including but not limited to: scene extraction, basic lighting setups (when required), layered file management, high-resolution rendering, and delivery
• Facilitates integration of new software, hardware, and procedures into specific LFL Art & Asset pipelines as neded or as requested
• Establishes a consistent process for communicating targets, assignments, and priorities to the Manager, Animation & Digital Assets and Director, Asset Management
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• 2-3 years working within animation or production industry
• Knowledge of the construction and use of digital assets in a production environment, including polygonal and subdivision modeling, texturing workflows, and basic shading and rigging.
• Strong knowledge of common 3D software, including Maya, 3DSMax, Zbrush and Nuke to aid in production and also troubleshooting common errors and creating various plugins.
• Familiarity with the different requirements for assets used in VFX, Games, VR/AR, and other environments.
• Demonstrated familiarity with the handling of and processing of 3D scan data.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Python, Linux, and Windows OS.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive and anticipate potential problems before they occur, with strong follow-through skills.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time well.
• Working knowledge of Modo, Mari, Alembic preferred.
• Experience with database systems for tracking assets, requests and deliveries.
• Ability to apply the core concepts of data archiving, including tagging, metadata, and branching.
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=7012&CurrentPage=1
Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Assistant Technical Director, Lucasfilm Animation Company, Lucasfilm Animation Company hiring, Lucasfilm Animation Company VFX, Lucasfilm Animation Company Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting, Assistant Technical Director