Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Associate Editor
Associate Editor (PH)
Job ID: 534065BR
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Business: Studio Entertainment
Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award winning animation series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and the highly successful animation series “Star Wars: Rebels” are looking for a versatile Associate Editor to join their production team.
The Associate Editor works closely with Story Editors, Supervising Director, Executive Producer, Sr. Post Production Manager, Assistant Editors, and Production team.
The Associate Editor is responsible for supporting the Story Editors by assembling and maintaining the episodes including locating missing shots and/or audio. The Associate Editor is responsible for aiding the Assistant Editors with the ingestion of dailies (story-final) and communicating errors and discrepancies to the Assistants. Will also be responsible for temporary sound and/or music editing. The Associate Editor may also run Episodic Director reviews if the Story Editors are unavailable.
• Assist Story Editors to establish work procedures to ensure optimal functionality and performance for the cutting room.
• Pull, cut, and conform all temp sound effects under creative direction of Director and Editors.
• Support Daily Duties from various disciplines when needed, such as Animation, Lighting & FX through Post.
• Temp Sound FX, especially during Full Color reviews.
• Backup Editor when unavailable by leading editorial sessions and sweatbox.
• Communicate and prepare turnovers to various recipients.
• Screening and Mix Duties, and screening preparation.
• Work to ensure sound quality is at the highest quality for all screenings.
• Collaborate with Executive Producer and Sr. Post Production Manager on editorial needs.
• Assist with Post Production follow-up when needed.
• Assist with special editorial projects and presentations, home video included, upon request.
• Provide mentoring and training to editorial team.
• 4 years experience in a TV/Feature Editorial Capacity
• 2 years Editorial experience in Animated TV/Films
• Advance technical knowledge of AVID Media Composer
• Understanding of Animation pre-production, production and post production processes
• After Effects.
• Filemaker Pro or database experience.
• Presentation knowledge a plus.
• Avid Media/Film Composer.
• Smoke, or high-resolution conforming knowledge a plus.
• DI and mastering knowledge a plus.
• Python a plus.
• Linux a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Digital Media, related field or equivalent work experience
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company’s activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
Apply here:- http://bit.ly/2tZXYby
Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Associate Editor, Lucasfilm Animation Company, Lucasfilm Animation Company hiring, Lucasfilm Animation Company VFX, Lucasfilm Animation Company Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting, Associate Editor