Lucasfilm Animation Company Jedi Masters Program – Creature Technical Director Apprentice
Jedi Masters Program – Creature Technical Director Apprentice
Company: Lucasfilm Animation Company Singapore
Creature Technical Director Apprentices in the Jedi Masters Program will hone their skills through participation in a paid six-month apprenticeship program combining in-class training and on-floor, project-based mentorship at Industrial Light & Magic’s Singapore studio.
We are looking for candidates who have a strong base of knowledge in rigging and running creature simulations including; flesh-surface, hair and cloth. Candidates should also be familiar with rigid body simulations. Work will involve setting up simulations as well as rigging for characters and props.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship program, candidates will be considered for a position at ILM.
• Set up and run proprietary cloth, hair, flesh surface and rigid body simulations
• Creature rigging and skinning using a combination of commercial software packages and proprietary tools
• Scripting utilities/tools/plug-ins in various software packages is a plus
• Create dynamic simulations in packages such as Maya
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, computer animation, or visual effects required.
• At least 2 years work experience preferred in 3D CGI for digital animation, visual effects or producing CG characters and creatures for visual media, desirable.
• Proficiency with Linux, desirable.
• Expertise with Maya and/or other high-end animation software is required.
• Experience with C++, Mel, Python, or other scripting languages is desirable.
• Feature Film experience, desirable.
• Experience of anatomy for artists, desirable.
• Experience of physical or virtual sculpture, desirable.
• A demo reel demonstrating artistic and technical ability is required for this role.
– Latest Resume
– demo reel / link to artwork
– shot / artwork breakdown – please see lasjedi.com for more details on ‘How to Apply’
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=5834&CurrentPage=1
Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Jedi Masters Program – Creature Technical Director Apprentice, Lucasfilm Animation Company San Francisco Recruiting, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx, animator jobs, jobs, cgi, Lucasfilm Animation Company hiring, Lucasfilm Animation Company jobs, ILM, ILM jobs, 3d, 3d jobs