Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Manager, Animation & Digital Assets
Manager, Animation & Digital Assets
Location: Letterman Digital Arts Center
City: San Francisco
The Manager, Animation & Digital Assets manages and supervises the creation and delivery of animated assets from the Lucasfilm Animation Production team, Lucasfilm Animation producing partners, and production facilities. The Manager supervises the delivery of content from Lucasfilm Post Production, Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) Image Unit, Skywalker Sound and other 3rd Party content creators to ensure that schedules and deadlines are met and that budgets remain on target.
• Maintain relationships and serve as department liaison with Lucasfilm Animation and their producing partners, Lucasfilm Post Production, ILM,
• Skywalker Sound and other digital content providers. Participate in weekly stakeholder meetings to inform and influence big-picture asset management strategy.
• Manage and approve all requests of digital assets for all Lucasfilm Animation and Live Action properties. Effectively interfacing with requestors ranging from Lucasfilm Franchise Management to any other Disney entity (DI, DCP, etc.).
• Set department priorities, build schedules, and ensure all deadlines are being met. Anticipate all future needs that may be required by Lucasfilm and their partners and create departmental process strategies to support those needs.
• Provide creative oversight and art direction of animation special poses and final frames, ensuring adherence to brand standards and show requirements.
• Work closely with ILM Image Unit in regards to work schedules and delivery of special poses and other assets, as required.
• Responsible for creating and overseeing internal budgets and tracking the ILM Image Unit budget.
• Management of the Animation and Digital Asset team, inclusive of delegating tasks, mentoring staff, delivering performance feedback, building processes, and ensuring that good relationships are fostered between Digital Asset team and key members of the creative teams.
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in production / post production, with 1-2 years prior management experience, as well as, expertise in understanding and prioritizing delivery schedules.
• Strong working knowledge of production techniques and terminology.
• Strong people supervisory skills including coaching & feedback. Ability to foster a teamwork environment that is both demanding and motivates employees to continually improve creative standards.
• Proven experience managing budgets of $1 million or greater.
• Demonstrates strong computer skills preferably with Database programs. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites applications and advanced level of experience with Adobe Photoshop. Proficient in Linux, Maya, Python, scripting RV, a basic understanding of the 3D scanning process and movie codes & compressions. FileMaker programming knowledge a plus.
• Demonstrates strong organizational, project management and leadership skills. Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of management and partners.
• Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
• Ability to work in an environment that has a certain degree of ambiguity as well as a complex organizational structure.
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6483&CurrentPage=1
Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Manager, Animation & Digital Assets, Lucasfilm Animation Company, Lucasfilm Animation Company hiring, Lucasfilm Animation Company VFX, Lucasfilm Animation Company Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Manager, Animation & Digital Assets