Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting VFX Windows System Administrator II, Network Engineer I, Unix Systems Administrator II & Sr. Systems Administrator
VFX Windows System Administrator II
Company: Industrial Light & Magic Vancouver
State: British Columbia
The Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and upgrade of Server Hardware, Operating Systems/Software and associated services as a member of the Lucasfilm IT team.
Monitor and maintain infrastructure and standards for Windows Servers across the global organization.
Support other Windows based services and applications, including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, printing infrastructure, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, & SCCM in line with department standards.
Drive automation around server management lifecycle, including automatic builds, patching and monitoring of servers. Documents all processes, procedures and operations for both internal needs and end users when required.
Act as a point of escalation for problems transferred by IT Support Teams.
Work with security team to ensure that systems standards are managed and maintained in alignment with security best practices, including vulnerability management, encryption and antivirus.
Liaise with other technical groups to ensure that Standards and Technology are in line with overall technical direction of Lucasfilm and its companies.
Provide excellent customer support, while maintaining a highly technical environment.
Perform other duties as required.
BS degree in technology related field or equivalent experience
5+ year’s hands-on experience maintaining and managing Windows resources in a multi-platform, high performance production environment using Active Directory.
Proven experience automating and running large-scale software rollouts to Windows Servers / Workstations.
Proven experience in building and maintaining virtual hosting environments for Windows based systems, including VMWare ESX.
Proven experience in systems automation with Windows based scripting / languages, such as PowerShell, VBS or .Net.
Strong working knowledge of enterprise level storage solutions (NAS / SAN) and administration of CIFS.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, other database technologies a plus.
Strong working knowledge of enterprise level antivirus monitoring and prevention services.
Demonstrated examples / proficiency in the use and administration of Linux & Mac operating systems.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines.
Excellent team player- proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically.
Detailed oriented, highly organized self-starter, able to multi-task without supervision.
Comprehensive system documentation skills.
Strong customer service attitude and ability to work in production environment requiring adaptation to ever-changing production challenges.
Familiarity with the aspects of working in a creative environment.
Must carry mobile device during work and non-work hours and be available to be on-call when needed
Preferred Technical Skills:
Proficient in Microsoft Visio and MS Office Suite.
Strong working knowledge of DNS, LDAP, Kerberos and DHCP.
Strong working knowledge of either Active Directory and/or Microsoft Exchange & o365.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based Enterprise technology, including Active Directory and associated Group Policy design and management.
Detailed understanding of Windows Operating Systems.
Network Engineer I
Company: Industrial Light & Magic Vancouver
State: British Columbia
Engineering and administration for company network infrastructure including firewall rule management, wireless infrastructure management, production systems network infrastructure. Responsibilities will be based largely in our Vancouver and San Francisco offices but support of our other facilities may be required.
Maintenance and software upgrades of network equipment – both LAN and WAN.
Diagnose and repair networks and problems associated with switch/routers and hosts providing services.
Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
Configure and troubleshoot the network that supports connectivity to the business’ applications.
Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose advanced network problems.
Monitor the incident queue and take ownership of issues needing resolution.
Produce detailed implementation instructions or carry out required changes to complete tasks/projects, resolve incidents/problems, and for changes/improvements requested by management and the architecture teams.
Write functional requirements/specifications documents and update/maintain all documentation requested by management
Monitor network logs and activities to ensure high levels of on-line performance and reliability are obtained within the client/server environment.
Participate in and Perform escalations and triage to resolve service interruptions.
Participate and respond to after-hours on-call rotations
B.S. degree in computer science and/or equivalent experience in a corporate IT environment.
Minimum of 2 years prior experience in network and communications systems
Knowledge of routers, firewalls, switches and related network equipment and appliances in a multi-protocol environment.
Have knowledge of OSPF/BGP/VRF routing concepts, Fabric Path, IP/ARP/MAC/Spanning-tree issues and configurations, troubleshooting VLAN or physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting access-list, NAT issues.
Have knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, flags and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using Wireshark/Tcpdump/snoop.
Ability to learn new applications and systems on the job is required.
Willingness to take on tasks beyond job scope.
Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others required.
Energetic, self-motivated with the ability to efficiently multi-task in an organized manner in a fast-paced environment with many demands and priorities required.
Up to 8 hour /day on computer.
Lift up to 50 lbs.
Travel to other campuses as needed
Unix Systems Administrator II
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: Letterman Digital Arts Center
City: San Francisco
The Linux Systems Administrator is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and upgrade of Linux/Unix
hardware and software as a member of the Production Systems Operations team.
• Responsible for Linux/Unix systems administration, including system installation and configuration, and installing third-party software on ILM production systems.
• Assist in the design, deployment and maintenance of all Linux/Unix-based systems for Lucasfilm companies in a network/distributed-computing environment.
• Implement and document system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
• Alert management to potential problems and respond to emergency events.
• Document all processes, procedures and operations for both internal needs and end users when required.
• Work with managers and systems administrators to meet the highest demands of the system uptime.
• Act as a liaison for Lucasfilm with outside systems vendors to obtain service and support for production systems.
• Assist in the design, deployment and maintenance of the backup infrastructure and participate in disaster recovery planning.
• Conduct data restore requests when needed.
• Participate in periodic off-hours downtime performing upgrades, installations, etc.
• Write scripts in at least one administrative language.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• BS/CS and 3 years hands-on experience with UNIX systems administration.
• Programming skills in administrative languages and shell scripting is required.
• Knowledge and exposure to multi-terabyte SAN infrastructure a plus.
• Exposure to large scale multiprocessing hardware and software systems a plus.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Professional and friendly service oriented demeanor with co-workers and customers.
• Self-motivated energetic team player who can work alongside others to maximize team performance.
• Solid decision-making, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• Proactive and willing to complete unassigned tasks and take on tasks beyond job scope.
• Must be willing to carry a phone and participate in an on-call rotation.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs required.
Sr. Systems Administrator
Company: Skywalker Sound
Location: Skywalker Ranch
City: San Rafael
The Sr. Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for networking, UNIX systems management and storage.
Skywalker Sound is a fast-paced, ever changing production environment whereby this position requires the ability to multi-task, change gears quickly and flexibly.
• Provide project leadership in the implementation, maintenance, support and/or conversion of information systems including networks, storage, and company wide IT services.
• Formulate procedures, standards, and engineering guidelines.
• Maintain and provide feedback on improvements for data center policies, processes, and procedures for infrastructure management.
• Monitor network capacity and recommend required actions.
• Create documentation for any undocumented tasks, as well as weekly status reporting.
• Differentiates between tasks and projects, and when necessary – may create written design specifications and implementation plans.
• Maintains efficient customer relations between IT and both internal and external Skywalker Sound customers.
• Provide excellent customer support, while maintaining a highly technical environment.
• Must be able to work non-work hours and be available to be on-call when needed.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• BS/CS/EE and 5+ years hands-on experience managing resources in a multi-protocol production environment.
• Strong knowledge of networking protocols including: TCP/IP, BGP and OSPF routing, switches, routers and network management such as HP Openview, E Health and other SNMP programs.
• Design experience in network planning which will scale existing systems to meet future business needs in a multi-location, multi-protocol environment.
• Experience with a wide array of networking vendor equipment desired, including Foundry, Cisco and other major vendors.
• Proven experience with computer architecture, multi-processor architecture, , UNIX systems programming, Journaled or Log Based Filesystems, High-Availability environments, familiarity with database design and use.
• Previous experience supporting a user network of at least 2000 computers preferably in an environment using Foundry equipment.
• Experience in a high bandwidth production facility.
• Working knowledge of DNS, NIS, LDAP and NNTP.
• Experience in scripting environments / languages, Pearl, C Shell, Python, etc.
• Strong Background in large storage systems and fiber channel networking,
• Proficient in Microsoft Visio and MS Office Suite. Strong understanding of Linux, Apple and Windows operating systems.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines.
• Excellent team player. Proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically.
• Detailed oriented, highly organized self starter, able to multi-task without supervision.
• Comprehensive system documentation skills.
• Strong customer service attitude and ability to work in production environment requiring adaptation to ever-changing production challenges.
• Familiarity with the aspects of working in a creative environment.
• Ability to work overtime as needed on an ongoing basis
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6676&CurrentPage=4
Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting VFX Windows System Administrator II, Network Engineer I, Unix Systems Administrator II & Sr. Systems Administrator, Lucasfilm Animation Company, Lucasfilm Animation Company hiring, Lucasfilm Animation Company VFX, Lucasfilm Animation Company Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting VFX Windows System Administrator II, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Network Engineer I, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Unix Systems Administrator II, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Sr. Systems Administrator, VFX Windows System Administrator II, Network Engineer I, Unix Systems Administrator II, Sr. Systems Administrator