Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Principal Rendering Engineer
Principal Rendering Engineer – ADG
Location: Letterman Digital Arts Center
City: San Francisco
The Lucasfilm Advanced Development Group (ADG) is looking for a Principal Rendering Engineer to join our team.
ADG develops tools and techniques for high-fidelity computer graphics and simulation. Our goal is to expand and enhance creative storytelling in the Star Wars universe through real-time rendering of film-quality imagery. Our work can also be seen powering many of the ILMxLAB immersive experiences.
As a Principal Rendering Engineer within ADG you will develop new techniques for real-time rendering, deliver tools and technology that empower storytellers, and collaborate with our sister company, Industrial Light & Magic, to leverage existing knowledge and solutions. You will set new bars for what can be achieved with real-time rendering.
• Research, prototype, and implement real-time solutions for high-fidelity real-time rendering
• Develop and create solutions for computer lighting, VFX, post-processing
• Provide deep domain expertise in the area of rendering
• Plan and manage tasks and schedules effectively to meet key milestones
• Mentor and Advises/assists junior engineers with maintenance and bug fixing of existing software and/or systems. Collaborate with other engineers to form a highly productive team
• Improve and maintain existing code to increase quality, reliability, and maintainability
• Represent ADG in collaborations and joint efforts with internal and external vendors
• Maintain deep knowledge and awareness of technical advancements in the area of rendering and other related areas.
• Excellent 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math)
• Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming languages
• In-depth knowledge of photorealistic rendering techniques (REYES, Physically Based Ray Tracing, Global Illumination, Computational Geometry, MIS)
• Experience with GPGPU / Compute shaders
• Deep experience of one or more of industry standard graphics APIs (DirectX, OpenGL, Etc)
• Deep experience of shader languages (HLSL/GLSL/Cg)
• Self-motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills
• Must be detail oriented and organized, possess strong communication skills, and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• 10+ years of professional experience in computer graphics and rendering
• Experience designing and implementing rendering algorithms, emphasizing photo realistic results
• Experience of subdivision surfaces
• Experience working with real-time rasterizers
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Scientific discipline, advanced degree preferred
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6455&CurrentPage=1
Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Principal Rendering Engineer, Lucasfilm Animation Company, Lucasfilm Animation Company hiring, Lucasfilm Animation Company VFX, Lucasfilm Animation Company Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Principal Rendering Engineer