Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Letterman Digital Arts Center
City: San Francisco
The Lucasfilm Advanced Development Group (ADG) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
ADG develops tools and techniques for high-fidelity computer graphics and simulation. Our goal is to expand and enhance creative storytelling in the Star Wars universe through real-time rendering of film-quality imagery. Our work can also be seen powering many of the ILMxLAB immersive experiences.
As a Sr Software Engineer within ADG you will play a key role in defining and developing tools and software that content creators use to deliver their vision. Working across a diverse range of areas such as rendering, AI, audio, editors, input devices, tools, and pipelines, you will prototype new ideas, troubleshoot existing systems, and play a key role in leveraging our technology for creative endeavors.
• Prototype and implement major engine systems.
• Rapidly prototype new ideas and concepts.
• Design, create, refine, and debug systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed.
• Support content creators and other customers of ADG technology.
• Pro-actively identify and address areas for improved user experiences.
• Plan and manage tasks and schedules effectively.
• Mentors and advises/assists junior engineers with maintenance of existing software and/or systems.
• Collaborate with other engineers to form a highly productive team.
• Strong knowledge of C#/C/C++
• Strong 3D math including linear algebra.
• Deep experience with data structures, algorithms performance, and parallel processing techniques.
• Deep experience with one or more of the following – Rendering, AI, Physics, Networking, Gameplay
• Self-motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills
• Experienced working with and maintaining large codebases
• Must be detail oriented and organized, possess strong communication skills, and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• Good knowledge of Python
• Familiarity with DCC packages such as Maya
• 7+ years of prior experience of game development
• Contributed to the development of shipped console games
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6395&CurrentPage=1
Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Senior Software Engineer, Lucasfilm Animation Company, Lucasfilm Animation Company hiring, Lucasfilm Animation Company VFX, Lucasfilm Animation Company Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting, Lucasfilm Animation Company Recruiting Senior Software Engineer