Luma Pictures – Animation Artist (Santa Monica)
Luma Pictures is an artist centric feature film VFX studio located two blocks from the beach in Santa Monica, California. We maintain a unique culture with an amazingly talented staff and are always on the lookout for exceptional people for full time and project positions.
We’re looking for talented animators who also exhibit abilities and interest in other aspects of production. Candidate will need to have a strong understanding of character animation, and also willing and able to chip in with other elements of production when needed.
– Strong technical mind,
– Impeccable attention to detail
– Great creative sensibilities.
– A feel for movement and timing is necessary to produce convincing animation.
– Good understanding of the principles of cinematography including use of lenses, positioning and moving the camera, etc.
– Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms.
– A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward/inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation.
– Ability to take direction and a willingness to address comments and make changes.
– Ability to communicate with colleagues and work as part of a team.
– Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and ability to problem solve.
– Must be a team player.
– A ‘get it done’ attitude.
– Willingness to learn new things.
– Assist production in other parts of the pipeline if needed.
– Knowledge of Maya required.
– Experience with RV and Motion Capture.
– Any additional software knowledge or skill sets.
If you think you fit the bill and want a quick response, upload your reel/portfolio and a shot breakdown to http://www.lumapictures.com/jobs/?2
No phone calls please.
Luma Pictures Recruiting Animation Artist, Luma Pictures, Luma Pictures hiring, Luma Pictures VFX, Luma Pictures Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, 3D Jobs, CG Jobs, Jobs, CGI, Recruiting, Recruitment, Luma Pictures Recruiting, Luma Pictures Recruiting Animation Artist