Method Studios Recruiting 3D Generalist for Method Design & Matte Painter
3D Generalist for Method Design
Category: 3D Generalist
Company: Method Studios Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles (United States)
Start Date: immediately
Method Design is a boutique design and animation studio partnered with Method Studios in Santa Monica, California.
Since its inception, Method Design has completed design, main titles, and theatrical trailer work for more than 30 feature films including Guardians of the Galaxy, Transformers: Age of Extinction, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Les Miserables, Cloud Atlas, The Avengers, Captain America, Robocop, and many more. Method Design also works extensively alongside Method Studios on feature and commercial projects around the world.
Method Design is seeking an experienced 2D/3D Generalist with a good design sense and strong attention to detail. Previous work in trailers or feature projects is highly preferred. Must be proficient in Maya and AfterEffects.
Skills in Nuke are a plus.
Please reply with reel/resume and rate to: email@example.com
Category: Matte Painter
Company: Method Studios Vancouver
Location: Vancouver (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
The Digital Matte Painter works closely with the VFX Supervisor to realize the client’s vision. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgment. The Matte Painter is responsible for creating photoreal environments and landscapes, as well as creating elements and textures for matching into live action plates or standing as their own matte painting plates. They must also have a sound knowledge and understanding of visual effects pipelines, production and implementation, as well as the ability to work well in a team.
• Create synthetic backgrounds and environments to match the overall look and needs of a given project based on concept art and/or photo reference
• integrating matte paintings into 3D environments using Maya and/or Nuke
• Contribute to the visual and technical attributes of productions
• Assist in troubleshooting background components created
• Consult with clients and other artists on the team as required
• Requires a minimum of 3 years previous experience as a digital matte painter in a production environment, preferably for feature films
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Experience with 3D Maya software and strong compositing and 3D projection skills in Nuke
• A good understanding of 2D and 3D workflows within a feature film environment
• Knowledge of design, photography, and digital an asset
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Possess a strong understanding of light, colour and perspective
• Possess excellent artistic communication skills, as well as an excellent eye for detail
• Flexibility to produce concept art from scratch is a plus
• Knowledge of Vue software is a plus
Apply here:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Method Studios Recruiting 3D Generalist for Method Design & Matte Painter, Method Studios, vfx job, cg job, job, Method Studios hiring, Method Studios jobs, Method Studios London, 3d job, Animation Jobs, CGI, CG Jobs, Method Studios Recruiting, Method Studios Recruiting 3D Generalist for Method Design, Method Studios Recruiting Matte Painter