Method Studios Recruiting Assistant Technical Director & Receptionist/Client Services
ATD (Assistant Technical Director)
Reporting to the Pipeline Supervisor, the Assistant Technical Director (ATD) will be involved in the creation and ongoing support of a large high-end visual effects pipeline and asset/project management system, as well as Maya or Houdini tools and utilities. This is a service-oriented role and the ATD should have a helpful, patient and accommodating personality.
· Work closely with production teams, artists, and supervisors to gather information on pipeline needs
· Develop and maintain scripts to optimize various tasks for production
· Create, package, and release tools and tool projects using proprietary technology
· Debug problematic scenes in Maya, Houdini, Nuke, and other packages.
· Work as triage, acting as the point person for production-related queries to the pipeline department, diagnosing technical issues and address them directly or escalate to the pipeline team
· Validate issues of artists and clearly express technical issues that come from artists in a way that is reproducible
· Identify workflow inefficiencies and work with artists and other pipeline teams to build systems to improve these inefficiencies
· Monitor bug reports filed by productions
· Programming experience, preferably in Python, C++, MEL, and/or java
· Undergraduate or Graduate degree, ideally in a technical field
· Good knowledge of CG software packages such as Maya, Houdini, Nuke
· Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
· Good understanding of relational databases and/or SQL
· Familiarity with Bash/cshell/Linux a plus
· Knowledge of render queuing software a plus
· Experience in code-sharing, revision control
· Experience writing or working with shaders for vray, Renderman, Mantra, Mental Ray or other production renderers an asset
· Knowledge of Shotgun or asset management systems a plus
This is a full-time position requiring some overtime.
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/atd-assistant-technical-director-2
· Orders and prepares coffee and meal services for in-house clients and, when approved by management, overtime meals for staff and fall within expense guidelines.
· Distributes meals and beverages in a timely manner and at a high quality standard.
· Cooperates, coordinates and works well with others in the pursuit of excellent customer service to all clients and staff.
· Liaises with food, beverage and other service suppliers to resolve any quality and service issues.
· Reception cover
· Ensures that Client Service supplies are adequately stocked at all times.
· Ensures that all food and beverage areas within the building are kept clean and well-organized on a regular and ongoing basis.
· Highlights building issues (big or small) to the Client Services Manager as seen through the eyes and ears of our clients.
· Assists in preparation, set-up and take down of client and staff events as requested by the Client Services Manager.
· Ensures appropriate supplies are always available in meeting rooms and washrooms for clients.
· Flexibility in hours worked or overtime may be required by Client Services Manager’s request and/or approval.
· Performs other tasks as requested.
Experience and Education:
· Post secondary education in business, hospitality or related areas.
· Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a customer service focused role; ideally as a food & beverage server.
· Exceptional, proven client services experience.
· Experience in performing outstanding operational processes for service delivery.
· Experience in project management or event planning is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong team player with exceptional organizational skills.
· Able to deal with vendors, staff and clients in a friendly, professional manner.
· Adept at anticipating emerging issues then implementing tactics to address them.
· Exceptional ability to adapt efficiently and effectively to a demanding and changing work environment managing flexible hours, multiple tasks, competing priorities and deadlines.
· Ability to accept and follow direction, with the ability to carry out tasks in an independent manner.
· FOODSAFE Level 1 and SERVING IT RIGHT certificates required.
· Ability to lift minimum 25 lbs.
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/receptionist-client-services
Method Studios Recruiting Assistant Technical Director & Receptionist/Client Services, Method Studios, vfx job, cg job, job, Method Studios hiring, Method Studios jobs, Method Studios London, 3d job, Animation Jobs, CGI, CG Jobs, Method Studios Recruiting, Method Studios Recruiting Assistant Technical Director, Method Studios Recruiting Receptionist/Client Services, Assistant Technical Director, Receptionist/Client Services