Method Studios Recruiting Compositing Supervisors
Method Studios Vancouver is actively seeking Compositing Supervisors to work on upcoming feature film projects, to start in AUGUST and beyond.
The Compositing Supervisor is responsible for the management of the compositing team and the quality of the compositing work and overview of the colour continuity on a given show. Working closely with the VFX Supervisor, CG Supervisor and the VFX Producer, the Compositing Supervisor communicates and delegates the compositing needs of the show to the team as well as represents the voice of the compositing crew in respect to workload and pipeline environment. The Compositing Supervisor manages both hands-on operation of a workstation as well as administration duties including mentoring artists, monitoring shot progress, monitor show resource usage.
In addition, the Compositing Supervisor serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients. This direct client interaction requires a highly professional demeanour and diplomacy.
* Ensure that the quality of the work from the compositing team is of the highest of standards
* Ensure proper work flow methodology for all artists – mentor the compositing team
* Develop workflow and pipeline strategies, processes, methodologies, etc.
* Provide ongoing information and feedback to the Head of 2D regarding issues in the Compositing department
* Composite with Nuke
* Work closely with the CG team to ensure proper flow and execution of CG elements for compositing
* Possess extremely strong technical and leadership capabilities
* Solid experience in leading and training teams of compositors
* Excellent artistic skills
* Demonstrate the ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
* 7+ years feature film experience in live action films and at least 2 projects as a lead.
* Expert knowledge of Nuke
* Guru-level experience in Compositing
* Strong understanding of colour correction, blue & green screen, roto, mattes and tracking technologies
This is a full-time, contract position requiring periodic overtime, leading to a potential permanent position.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé, demo reel with breakdowns, and upcoming availability, with subject line “Compositing Supervisor” with your name, as in: “Compositing Supervisor – Joe Smith”.
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Method Studios Recruiting Compositing Supervisors, Method Studios, vfx job, cg job, job, Method Studios hiring, Method Studios jobs, Method Studios London, 3d job, Animation Jobs, CGI, CG Jobs, Method Studios Recruiting, Method Studios Recruiting Compositing Supervisors