Method Studios Recruiting Houdini FX TDs
Houdini FX TDs
Method Studios Vancouver is looking for intermediate and senior Houdini FX TDs for upcoming feature film projects, to start in November, and some starting in January, going to end of 2016.
– Design, create, and implement photo-real effects (water, dust, fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc.) and systems that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
– Work within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks
– Integrate created elements into scenes with lighting, shadows, reflections, etc.
– Provide full spec for tool before development if spec not provided
– Document all developed technology
– Maintain a methodically clear system of data storage and retrieval
– Balancing the creative needs and the technical resources available
– Report regularly to the FX lead, VFX Supervisor and/or DFX Supervsior informing him/her of any concerns or new developments
– Follow the creative direction of the production communicated by the VFX Supervisor
– Ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
– Ability to work under tight deadlines
– Stays current with latest technologies
– MINIMUM 2 years experience as an FX TD; 5+ years for seniors and leads
– Degree in Animation, Arts, Fine Arts or equivalent production experience in feature film
– Strong knowledge of and proven ability to use Houdini to develop photo-real dynamics-based effects
– Experience with rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modeling and rendering, procedural geometry generation and fluid dynamics an asset
– Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
– Able to take directions and adaptable to change
– Good at improvising and problem-solving
– Requires strong technical knowledge and organizational skills
– Familiarity with one or more coding/scripting languages an asset (e.g. Python, Mel)
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé, demo reel with breakdowns, and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “FX TD” and your name, as in: “FX TD – John Smith”. We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Ant-man”, “San Andreas”, “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “The Judge”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature work includes:”Pelé”, “Tarzan”, “5th Wave”, “King Arthur,” and two upcoming Marvel projects!
Tags: feature film, fx td, houdini, method, vancouver
Method Studios Recruiting Houdini FX TDs, Method Studios, vfx job, cg job, job, Method Studios hiring, Method Studios jobs, Method Studios London, 3d job, Animation Jobs, CGI, CG Jobs, Method Studios Recruiting, Method Studios Recruiting Houdini FX TDs