Method Studios Recruiting Houdini FX TDs
Houdini FX TDs
Method Studios Vancouver is looking for Houdini FX TDs for current and upcoming feature film projects to start in January and in the spring.
– Design, create, and implement photo-real effects (dust, fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc.) and systems that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
– Work within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks
– Integrate created elements into scenes with lighting, shadows, reflections, etc.
– Provide full spec for tool before development if spec not provided
– Document all developed technology
– Maintain a methodically clear system of data storage and retrieval
– Balancing the creative needs and the technical resources available
– Report regularly to the VFX Supervisor and/or DFX Supervsior informing him/her of any concerns or new developments
– Follow the creative direction of the production communicated by the VFX Supervisor
– Ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
– Ability to work under tight deadlines
– Stays current with latest technologies
– MINIMUM 2 years experience as an FX TD; 5+ years for seniors and leads
– Degree in Animation, Arts, Fine Arts or equivalent production experience in feature film
– Strong knowledge of and proven ability to use Houdini to develop photo-real dynamics-based effects
– Experience with rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modeling and rendering, procedural geometry generation and fluid dynamics an asset
– Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
– Able to take directions and adaptable to change
– Good at improvising and problem-solving
– Requires strong technical knowledge and organizational skills
– Familiarity with one or more coding/scripting languages an asset (e.g. Python, Mel)
Please e-mail email@example.com with your résumé, demo reel with breakdowns, and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Houdini FX TD” and your name, as in: “Houdini FX TD – John Smith”.
Canadian, Permanent Residents, or US citizens preferred. This is a full-time, contract position. Salary TBD based on experience.
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Method Studios Recruiting Houdini FX TDs, Method Studios, vfx job, cg job, job, Method Studios hiring, Method Studios jobs, Method Studios London, 3d job, Animation Jobs, CGI, CG Jobs, Method Studios Recruiting, Method Studios Recruiting Houdini FX TDs