Method Studios Recruiting Rigging Lead, Rigging Supervisor, Core Software Developer, Pipeline TD & Recruiter
The Rigging Lead is responsible for the smooth running of the rigging pipeline, working closely with the Rigging Supervisor. This will require maintaining existing technology, integrating third-party technology, and designing and implementing all-new, proprietary technology. This is a broad role which encompasses many departments and disciplines, including but not limited to: modeling, texturing, rigging, creature FX, (including at least fur, cloth, soft-body deformations), and animation.
The Rigging Lead is expected to have a holistic view of the pipeline and be able to design or help design and maintain a smooth and efficient pipeline for rigging photorealistic CG assets, and leading/mentoring other riggers.
The Rigging Lead will work collaboratively with the leads of many other departments. He or she must have a strong understanding of CG pipelines and production methods and a strong management style with excellent organizational and artistic skills. He or she must also be able to work with the global teams of the other Method facilities and attend meetings regularly. Occasional travel to other Method locations might be required.
The Rigging Lead will work closely with the Rigging and Animation Teams to ensure that the productions’ needs are understood and met, and that animators have fast, efficient, intuitive puppets.
The Rigging Lead should be comfortable managing teams, (including interviewing, scheduling, and mentoring artists). He or she is also required to develop a deep understanding of the studio pipeline, work within it, and ensure that his/her artists are doing the same.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Creating and maintain a strong, reliable, efficient Rigging pipeline
· Maintain a close working relationship with the Rigging & Animation Teams
· Act as a bridge between the Creature Team and the various productions
· Work with other locations on global rigging projects
· In conjunction with the studio’s scheduling team, manage rigging department and staff
· Manage software and tools development
· Critiquing artists’ work
· Using tools and software developed in-house, proprietary tools, or off-the-shelf software, help create photo-realistic creatures
· Must be adept at balancing the creation of final renders for shots with building/maintaining systems for creating shots
· Must work within the studio pipeline and publish tools and scripts as prescribed
· Must follow the creative direction of the production communicated by his/her supervisors
· Will need to balance creative requests with the resources available
· Ability to work in a team environment under tight deadlines
· Minimum five years experience as a Rigging Lead
· Expert knowledge of Maya
· Tool building and scripting knowledge an asset
· Knowledge of other packages an asset: Motion Builder and Houdini in particular
· Experience with proprietary software
· Knowledge motion capture techniques and software
· Excellent artistic skills
· Some scripting skills an asset
· Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
· Able to take directions and adaptable to change
· Good at improvising and problem-solving
· Linux experience preferred
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/rigging-lead
The Rigging Supervisor is responsible for the smooth running of the rigging pipeline. This will require maintaining existing technology, integrating third-party technology, and designing and implementing all-new, proprietary technology. This is a broad role which encompasses many departments and disciplines, including but not limited to: modeling, texturing, rigging, creature FX, (including at least fur, cloth, soft-body deformations), and animation.
The Rigging Supervisor is expected to have a holistic view of the pipeline and be able to design or help design and maintain a smooth and efficient pipeline for rigging photorealistic CG assets.
The Rigging Supervisor will work collaboratively with the leads of many other departments. He or she must have a strong understanding of CG pipelines and production methods and a strong management style with excellent organizational and artistic skills. He or she must also be able to work with the global teams of the other Method facilities and attend meetings regularly. Occasional travel to other Method locations might be required. The Rigging Supervisor will work closely with the CG and Animation Teams to ensure that the productions’ needs are understood and met, and that animators have fast, efficient, intuitive puppets.
The Rigging Supervisor should be comfortable managing teams, (including interviewing, scheduling, and mentoring artists). He or she is also required to develop a deep understanding of the studio pipeline, work within it, and ensure that his/her artists are doing the same.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Create and develop fast elegant character rigs using Maya and select proprietary tools
· Work with Modeling and Animation departments to facilitate articulate realistic appealing characters
· Integration of characters and rigs into the production pipeline
· Create User Interfaces and tools to assist animators
· Work in partnership with R&D programmers, Animators, and Lighting tds to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
· Provide support to character rigs throughout production
· Develop long-term strategies to automate character production
· Collaborate with rigging supervisors from Method’s international facilities to share ideas and ensure standards and consistency
· Minimum 5 years work experience in Feature film/broadcast VFX production, with 2 or more years supervising
· Solid knowledge of rigging systems
· Comprehensive knowledge of Maya
· Provide reel, demonstrating both control systems and complex deformations
· Solid time and project management skills – accessibility and willingness to collaborate is a must
· Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation comprehension of core principles relating to rigging
· Excellent understanding of anatomy, structure, dynamics, and character motion
· Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
· MEL and Python programming essential
· Maya API C++ programming also a plus
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/rigging-supervisor-5
Core Software Developer
Method’s Pipeline Department writes and manages software which connects the various technologies and applications which comprise the VFX film production pipeline into a single conceptual whole. Images and data must flow through this system in a way that emphasizes efficiency and control, and the volume of data, highly iterative workflow, and many third party applications involved in project based film work pose special challenges to this goal.
Within the department, the smaller Core team focuses on the foundation of the production system, overseeing the architecture and development of software libraries, in-house applications, and databases. These include tools for asset management, software packaging, production tracking, render farm management, intersite collaboration, and more. Basically, if it’s meant to last a long time, or affect a large amount of people, the Core team is mixed up in there somewhere.
We’re looking for someone who is:
A friendly team player
Driven to learning new skills and technologies
Committed to contributing their skill set to the team, and learning from others
Dedicated to writing high quality, reliable software
Responsible with assigned project time and resources
Well versed in the fundamentals of computer science
Core developers are responsible to the Core lead for:
Writing and upgrading libraries, applications, web interfaces, and databases
Proactively triage bug fixes and execute scheduled repairs
Regularly review schedules and assess development progress
Additionally, developers also:
Collaborate with artists, managers, and our librarian on new and existing projects.
Conform all code to Method coding standards and conventions (and propose new ones).
Document code itn our internal wiki.
Suggest improvements to any areas of the company to the Core Lead or Head of Pipeline.
Receive feedback from other developers from code reviews and project post-mortems.
No team member needs to know everything about everything we write, so if you can write great applications, say, but don’t have strong database skills, there is still a place for you. The team needs to collectively have a certain skill portfolio, so we’re looking for new people to fill out our team with various abilities.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science from a CICIC recognized tertiary institution, or equivalent if from outside Canada, or a suitable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Fluent in Python and shell scripting, with C/C++, SQL, or other language exposure.
Experience with one or more relational database systems such as PostgreSQL. NoSQL experience doesn’t hurt either.
Experience developing in Linux.
Familiarity with Git and collaborative development workflows (code reviews, code standards, etc).
Specially considered qualifications:
2 years experience working with visual effects post-production pipelines.
Familiarity with computer graphics applications (e.g. Maya, Nuke, Houdini).
Familiarity with render farm software.
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/careers#opening-496
Reporting to the Head of 3D, the Pipeline Technical Director/Developer will be involved in the creation and ongoing support of a large high-end visual effects pipeline and asset/project management system, as well as Maya or Houdini tools and utilities. This is a service-oriented role and the TD/Developer should have a helpful, patient and accommodating personality.
· Develop and maintain scripts, tools and utilities for Maya and/or Houdini artists.
· Work in and understand the Method proprietary pipeline. Help develop and maintain this pipeline.
· Create, package, and release tools and tool projects using Method proprietary technology.
· Assist artists in technical issues. Help to debug any Maya/Houdini-related or Method pipeline related issues. Help debug rendering and dispatching issues.
· Work as a “triage” TD from time-to-time, acting as the point person for any and all production-related queries to the pipeline department.
· Identify workflow inefficiencies and work with artists and other pipeline teams to build systems to improve these inefficiencies.
· 3+ years of experience as a pipeline TD, experience in a VFX production environment
· Expert knowledge of Maya and/or Houdini
· Strong Python and mel scripting abilities
· Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
· Bash/cshell/Linux knowledge
· Knowledge of render queuing software
· Some experience as a Maya and/or Houdini artist
· Good understanding of relational databases and/or SQL
· Experience in code-sharing, revision control
· Experience writing shaders for vray, Renderman, Mantra, Mental Ray or other production renderers an asset
· Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computing Science a plus
· Knowledge of vray and mantra a plus
· Knowledge of Shotgun or asset management a plus
· Some knowledge of Nuke a plus
· C/C++ abilities a plus
This is a full-time position requiring some overtime.
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/pipeline-td-3
Recruiter – Vfx Experienced
Responsibilities include designing and implementing effective recruitment pipeline, establishing strong partnership with the hiring managers, using creative sourcing techniques, and fostering relationships with our candidates to recruit the best talent for the studio. Further responsibilities include liaising with local education institutions for curriculum and internship engagements.
• Partner with the hiring managers to clearly define the hiring requirements and to strategize on recruitment methods
• Use “out-of-box” sourcing strategies to ensure consistent access to pool of talents (i.e.) industry parties, career fairs, etc.
• Establish effective campus recruitment program.
• Foster solid relationships with the candidates, industry colleagues, and past employees
• Manage the recruitment pipeline from screening, interviewing, negotiations, reference checks, and preparing appropriate documents
• Maintain applicant-tracking database
• Liaise with locally identified post-secondary education centers to facilitate the processing of practicum programs and curriculum discussions between them and our studio.
• Keep up to date with immigration requirements to ensure international candidates qualify for entry to Canada
• Manage housing and travel requirements for out of province candidates
• Assist HR projects as required
• Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills
• Experience in high-tech or CG/VFX industry recruiting a requirement.
• High energy with ability to easily build rapport
• Proactive, out-of-box thinker
• Confident in public speaking
• Ability to meet deadlines while handling a fluctuating high pressure/high volume work load
• Solid understanding of the recruitment processes and techniques
• Strong contacts within the VFX/CG industry an asset
• Familiarity with the current employment legislation and immigration laws an asset
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/recruiter-vfx-experienced
Method Studios Recruiting Rigging Lead, Rigging Supervisor, Core Software Developer, Pipeline TD & Recruiter, Method Studios, vfx job, cg job, job, Method Studios hiring, Method Studios jobs, Method Studios London, 3d job, Animation Jobs, CGI, CG Jobs, Method Studios Recruiting, Method Studios Recruiting Rigging Lead, Method Studios Recruiting Rigging Supervisor, Method Studios Recruiting Core Software Developer, Method Studios Recruiting Pipeline TD, Method Studios Recruiting Recruiter, Rigging Lead, Rigging Supervisor, Core Software Developer, Pipeline TD, Recruiter