Method Studios Recruiting Pipeline Developer
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Sydney and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.
Built around an exceptional team of visual effects professionals, Method’s international facilities provide a full range of visual effects services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing and finishing. With our global reach accented by our boutique accessibility, we have the capacity to service clientele wherever production is situated.
Method Studios Vancouver is seeking a Pipeline Developer to join the team.
The Pipeline Developer is involved in the creation and ongoing support of a large high-end visual effects pipeline and asset/project management system. This includes infrastructure technologies that make up the pipeline at Method Studios such as databases, Python tools, Bash scripts and web interfaces. Production support of artists and package-specific scripting will also be part of the Pipeline Developer’s responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Problem solving and developing new or improved pipeline software and tools
• Refactoring and adapting existing tools from the Vancouver or LA offices for use in a new shared pipeline
• Liaising with counterparts in other studios on designs for new tools or refactoring of existing tools
• Providing new applications for use by production teams
• Documentation for end users and other developers of above systems
• Production support of above systems in an urgent and timely fashion
• Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computing Science, or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity scripting or writing plugins for Houdini, Maya, or Nuke
• Excellent knowledge of Python
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills with a solid background in algorithms and data structures
• Experience testing code and ability to create clear documentation
• Code sharing and repository experience using either SVN, CVS or Git
• Linux knowledge and Bash scripting experience
• Ability to develop code independently or as part of a team
• Experience working in feature film or TV Visual Effects, with knowledge of VFX industry-standard methodologies, tools and processes for software development
• C/C++ or other scripting language experience
• Understanding of relational databases and SQL an asset
To apply, please send your resume and availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bear in mind that due the number of applications we receive, you will only hear back from us regarding suitable applications to open positions.
Method Studios Recruiting Pipeline Developer, Method Studios, vfx job, cg job, job, Method Studios hiring, Method Studios jobs, Method Studios London, 3d job, Animation Jobs, CGI, CG Jobs, Method Studios Recruiting, Method Studios Recruiting Pipeline Developer