Method Studios Recruiting Production Manager & Show TD/Pipeline TD
Production Manager – Senior Vfx
The VFX Digital Production Manager is primarily responsible for the management of production flow for VFX projects. Attending client and internal show meetings, generating schedules and status reports, and reporting to the VFX Producer on show progress, are all part of the daily responsibilities of the VFX Production Manager. The VFX Digital Production Manager will also be called upon to assist in setting up and maintaining systems for in-house information flow and retrieval, and project management. The VFX Digital Production Manager should always be looking for ways to streamline and improve communication and information flow as it pertains to VFX projects.
In addition, the VFX Digital Production Manager serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients. This direct client interaction requires a highly professional demeanor and diplomacy.
This position reports to the Head of Production and to the VFX Producer as assigned on projects.
Duties may include:
Attend client meetings, production meetings and dailies.
Work closely with the project leads and Department heads to crew shows appropriately.
Work closely with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer to guarantee proper management and execution of projects within the schedule and budget.
Work with VFX Producer and studio pipeline teams to facilitate project tracking and management tool development.
Generate schedules, working with the project leads and reporting to the VFX Producer.
Manage crew with regards to project schedules, including oversight of crew hours, overtime and vacation.
Oversee project coordinator duties
Report project status to the VFX Supervisor, VFX Producer and Department Heads
Assist with breaking down scripts and preparing bids and budget breakdowns as required
Communication and correspondence with VFX Production and Editorial
Authorize and track overtime and its impact on the budget
Track and actualize projects
Administrating dailies reviews as well as notes to and from artists and clients
Create and distribute budget alerts and overages when required
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/production-manager-senior-vfx
Show TD/Pipeline TD
The Show Technical Director is involved in the planning and support of the technical aspects of a given show or shows. Working closely under the direction of the CG, Comp and/or VFX Supervisor(s), the Show Technical Director collaborates with other leads to ensure a smooth technical process on the show. He or she will write application specific tools, or show specific pipeline tools as required, solve problems for non-technical artists and otherwise be the first response person for any technical issues on the show(s) he or she is assigned to.
· Troubleshoot and help ensure consistent quality of rendering
· Assist the CG supervisor with effective planning for 3D asset management.
· Assist the CG supervisor with effective planning for the rendering process.
· Assist with the support of a pipeline and asset/project management system
· Problem solving and developing improved software systems and tools
· Develop and maintain proprietary tools/shaders/plugins/scripts and recommend relevant external alternatives, as appropriate
· Monitors for and flags unforeseen 3D technical issues affecting budget and re-assesses time estimates to complete work accordingly
· Ensures render efficiency at all stages.
· Provides support of tools and procedures that enhance the production pipeline
· Assist cg artists with troubleshooting of cg related issues including: fur, clothing, particle effects, animation and rendering
· Assist comp artists with troubleshooting of comp related issues including: software problems, rendering problems, scripting issues and others.
· Trains team members on production techniques as appropriate
· Define crew training plan with CG Supervisor
· Facilitates production needs of team members
· Researches and implements techniques as needed
· Oversees technical training of new team members
· Interface with Pipeline and stay current with studio standards and pipeline tools
· Excellent problem solving and communication skills required
· Linux knowledge and scripting experience required
· Experience scripting or writing plugins for (at least one of) Houdini, Maya, or Nuke required
· OSX knowledge and scripting an asset
· Knowledge of Python an asset
· C++ plugin experience an asset
· Experience supporting Renderman, Mantra, Mental Ray or other production renderers an asset
· Undergraduate/Graduate degree or a diploma in Computing Science, or related disciplines an asset.
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/show-td-pipeline-td-1
Method Studios Recruiting Production Manager & Show TD/Pipeline TD, Method Studios, vfx job, cg job, job, Method Studios hiring, Method Studios jobs, Method Studios London, 3d job, Animation Jobs, CGI, CG Jobs, Method Studios Recruiting, Method Studios Recruiting Production Manager, Method Studios Recruiting Show TD/Pipeline TD, Production Manager, Show TD/Pipeline TD