Method Studios Recruiting Render Technician & Senior Rigger
Render Technician – Start January
Reporting to the I/O Supervisor and Technical Operations Manager, the Render Technician will be responsible for render farm management and supporting backup and archive operations. This role offers excellent opportunities for the right individual to acquire a broad based knowledge of Visual Effects procedures within a production environment.
· Communicate with productions to efficiently monitor and manage the render farm processes and priorities
· Quickly solve any rendering issues, ensuring all 2D and 3D rendering jobs are completed on schedule.
· Identify bottlenecks and help develop improved rendering efficiencies
· Facilitate transferring data between facilities
· Participate in daily archive and restore requests from tape archives
· Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Film related dicipline
· High degree of computer literacy
· Excellent problem solving and communication skills
· Ability to record information accurately and produce reports
· Must be able to take instructions and work as part of a team, with the capacity to work with minimal supervision when required
· Enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
· Good understanding of relevant 2D and 3D software packages (eg. Maya,Houdini,Nuke)
· Experience in scripting with Python and Bash desirable but not essential
· Ability to learn new software quickly, and learn on the job, if necessary
· Ability to work under pressure, if required
· Respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/render-technician-start-january
Working closely with the CG Supervisor and the Rigging Supervisor, the Rigger will be responsible for building robust and efficient rigs and working with the CG team to implement and support these rigs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
With the CG Supervisor, Rigging, Animation, and Modeling Leads, identify the production’s specific rigging needs
Design efficient rigs appropriate to the production’s needs
Advise modeling teams on suitability of models for rigging and any changes needed
Work with the CG team implementing the rigs and rigging the assets
Design and implement scripted solutions for maximum speed and efficiency of rigging
Work with leads and supervisors in the testing of rigged assets.
During production, support all the rigged assets.
Rigging knowledge in industry production software such as Maya or Houdini
Knowledge of other packages an asset, such as Motion Builder
Must have some experience as a rigger on high-end feature film productions
Excellent problem solving and communication skills required
Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on inspired leadership required
A strong sense of self-motivation and ability to work with little supervision required
Linux scripting experience, especially in Bash/Python is desirable
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/rigger-senior-1
Method Studios Recruiting Render Technician & Senior Rigger, Method Studios, vfx job, cg job, job, Method Studios hiring, Method Studios jobs, Method Studios London, 3d job, Animation Jobs, CGI, CG Jobs, Method Studios Recruiting, Method Studios Recruiting Render Technician, Method Studios Recruiting Senior Rigger, Render Technician, Senior Rigger