Method Studios Recruiting Roto/Paint Artist
Roto/Paint Artist – Experienced
The Roto/Paint Artist is responsible for multiple aspects of plate preparation and creation of elements for use in final composites, as well as for completion of rig removal and paint shots as directed. Responsibilities include assessing & completing internal and external tasks, and reporting progress of work to the Department Leads. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgment.
· Use rotoscope techniques in Nuke to generate mattes and splines.
· Use paint and compositing techniques in Nuke to produce clean plates, remove rigs or other artifacts, etc. This may involve generating pre-comps for use by Compositors, or may require taking shots to completion
· Work with the Paint/Roto leads and project Compositing Supervisor to ensure that all technical and creative standards are met
· Consult with the Compositing Leads and/or Supervisor as well as the other artists on the team as required
· Communicate any delays with leads and production management via e-mail and updating shotgun accordingly.
· Open to feedback and ensures notes from their Lead or Supervisor are applied
· Maintains a clean working environment as work is often shared with other artists
· Perform quality control (QC) on shots before they are submitted for review/approval
· Package and organize reference plates for vendors, and insure quality of work received from vendors meets studio standards.
· Attend all show scheduled production meetings, turnovers/kickoff, dailies and take all applicable notes. Review with department head and note and additional follow up or priorities needs.
· Review turnovers with the department heads so that they can populate Shotgun with the correct requirements/time estimates needed.
· Check for re-speed, plates, camera, clean plate, and animation from other departments and note any major changes that will affect other artists/vendors with the department heads.
· Relay all new requests and priority changes to the department manager for scheduling.
· Bring any workflow issues to the Department Lead/Sup.
· Continue to work on tasks as assigned, primarily focused on your assigned production. If your production is slow, you will be assigned as an artist to tasks in order to help with other productions.
· If the production requires support during OT hours, you’ll be needed to provide that support once approved by your department heads.
At least 2 years’ experience working in rotoscoping and paint
Good working knowledge of Nuke, and RV
Knowledge of live action feature film VFX pipeline
Working knowledge of blue & green screen, roto, mattes and tracking technologies
High attention to detail
Dependable and flexible
Strong organizational skills
Apply here:– http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/roto-paint-artist-experienced
Method Studios Recruiting Roto/Paint Artist, Method Studios, vfx job, cg job, job, Method Studios hiring, Method Studios jobs, Method Studios London, 3d job, Animation Jobs, CGI, CG Jobs, Method Studios Recruiting, Roto/Paint Artist