Method Studios Recruiting VR Project Manager & Producer
VR Project Manager
Company: Method Studios Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles (United States)
Start Date: immediately
Deluxe VR is part of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group. Deluxe VR is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., (www.bydeluxe.com) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the internal and external developers through the development of new VR games and experiences for Deluxe VR. This includes evaluating and supporting the development pipeline as well as preparing the game for launch and post launch support.
• Work with developers and the Director to create the milestone schedule; manage and coordinate detailed execution plans with internal teams and developers; day to day developer communication; ensure deliverables are meeting the expectations and requirements. Build feature roadmaps and identify task dependencies, bottlenecks, and resource needs.
• Provide detailed reports and status on sprint team progress via plans, metrics, and reports, identifying and tracking key performance metrics.
• Plan all the necessary tests and launch and post launch feature/contents scope working with developers (Launch), including but not limited to, milestone review/approval recommendation, Alpha/Beta/Stress test planning and coordination and review and create launch specs and post launch specs.
• Review the milestones for each project in the aspect of game design, art, and technical side to ensure the deliverables are meeting our expectation and the requirements.
• Throughout the development stages, identify any of critical issues to minimize the risk before the game gets launched.
• Improve the quality of the game to make it competitive in the market and prepare for the 24 hour live online service environment.
• Report current progress of each project to the stakeholders and decision makers.
• Provide approval recommendation to the Deluxe VR’s executives to help them to make a proper decision.
• Support partners to get Deluxe VR’s online-live-service experience and related technology to lead the project to achieve strong live service backend.
Skills & Requirements
• You are analytically driven with a desire to always improve and optimize to create the best possible value.
• Experience building, maintaining, and tracking schedules and plans.
• You are well rounded and possess a familiarity with project management tools and software. You supplement your expertise with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study. Bonus Charisma points for PMI, CAPM or PMP certification and 4+ years of production experience in gaming.
• Experience with AGILE, SCRUM, lean and waterfall development methodology.
• Deep knowledge about the game development process.
• You are a strong leader with strategic thinking ability and problem solving skills. You are Able to make critical project commitment decisions and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
No problem remains a problem very long when you are in the house. You are un-phased in the face of adversity and thrive on creative problem solving. You aren’t afraid to tackle any situation head on.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/vr-project-manager
Company: Method Studios Vancouver
Location: Vancouver (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Visual Effects Producer is responsible and holds the key role for managing the production and workflow of feature film visual effects for the facility, while actively liaising as the senior point of contact with the Studio (client). The Visual Effects Producer will plan the organization of the artist establishment, team implementation, building and nurturing, and overall scheduling of the artists. The Visual Effects Producer must implement the systems necessary to achieve the final product of visual effects shots and sequences for feature films in a time sensitive environment.
The Visual Effects Producer oversees the management of cost reporting and maintains the budget and schedule through change orders with the studio when applicable. The Visual Effects Producer also works intimately with the Visual Effects Supervisor and Digital Effects Supervisor, driving the technical pipeline established to achieve the desired effects, and helping to oversee that any proprietary systems or computer code needed on the project be engineered within the necessary time frame.
Other responsibilities include management of information flow, preparing and executing large VFX budgets generally exceeding $1,000,000, breaking down scripts, initiating and fielding studio and production calls, invoices and payments, and overseeing contract responsibilities with the client. The requirement to act as a backup for the Visual Effects Supervisor in house or on set may arise from time to time.
The Visual Effects Producer will also be called upon to assist in setting up and maintaining systems for in-house information flow and retrieval custom to the project and project management, in concert with the Executive Producer. The Visual Effects Producer should always be looking for ways to streamline and improve communication and information flow as it pertains to VFX projects.
In addition, the Visual Effects Producer serves as a key front-line representative of the company interfacing directly with clients. This direct client interaction requires a highly professional demeanour, diplomacy, and confidentiality of the information shared between the two parties.
Work closely with the Visual Effects Supervisor and Digital Effects Supervisor to create and maintain overall budgets, project schedule, and staff resource needs for the project.
Along with the VFX Supervisor and DFX Supervisor, drive the technical pipeline established to achieve the desired effects, and helping to oversee that any proprietary systems or computer code needed on the project be engineered within the necessary time frame
Prepare key dates, schedules and assumptions for the work for overall facility planning
Manage crew performance and serves as a mentor for the leadership team as needed
Oversee the management of cost reporting and maintains the budget and schedule through change orders with the studio when applicable
Supervise day to day operations of production crew, ensuring milestones and cost projections are met
Other responsibilities include management of information flow, preparing and executing large VFX budgets, breaking down scripts, initiating and fielding studio and production calls, invoices and payments, and overseeing contract responsibilities with the client. The requirement to act as a backup for the Visual Effects Supervisor in house or on set may arise from time to time.
MUST have 5+ years work experience as a VFX Producer on feature films
On set experience in a VFX production role is a must
Proficiency in general Microsoft office suite and database applications such as Filemaker Pro and Shotgun
Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
Apply here:- http://www.methodstudios.com/apply/producer-1
Method Studios Recruiting VR Project Manager & Producer, Method Studios, vfx job, cg job, job, Method Studios hiring, Method Studios jobs, Method Studios, 3d job, Animation Jobs, CGI, CG Jobs, Method Studios Recruiting, Method Studios Recruiting VR Project Manager, Method Studios Recruiting Producer, VR Project Manager, Producer