Microsoft Studios looking for a Technical Art Director
Technical Art Director
We build great games, and experiences across a growing family of devices. Are you interested in joining in on the fun? Do you want to work on the forefront of technology across entertainment genres, and including forward looking incubation and prototyping efforts?
Microsoft Global Publishing is looking for passionate, game and technology industry veterans, to help us drive new franchises with some of the best partners from around the globe. Our team enjoys rapid iteration, and technology development tailored towards finding the fun early, and spending the time necessary to bring high quality first party content across our various platforms.
This is a rare opportunity to join a creatively driven team of people who are doing our best to push exciting projects, taking advantage of the newest technology available; and with backing and support from across Microsoft.
Microsoft Studios Global Publishing within the Xbox game division is looking for talented Technical Art Directors that are passionate about procedural tools and workflows as well as gaming in the cloud! We work with many of the best Game Development Studios around the world and partner to push the limits of visuals and technology to delight our audiences.
We currently need exceptional artists to help us visualize the future of interaction. In particular, we have an incredible opportunity for a Technical Art Director who wants to live at the intersection of technology and art, with the aesthetic skills to understand what quality looks like and the technical skills to make it real and performant in-game. We’re looking for someone with strong communication skills, a self-driven approach to work to the highest quality with an eagerness to partner closely with engineers and creatives to deliver complete and compelling solutions. The Technical Art Director must bring consistently high artistic standards to both his/her work and that of the Art team, supporting the vision of the Art Director while enabling artists to work more creatively and efficiently.
• In supporting the creative vision, the Technical Art Director is responsible for applying their experience directly to the creation of solid artist-driven workflows, automation tools, content pipelines, and asset management solutions that are vital for the art team when delivering highest quality industry content.
• The Technical Art Director needs to be able to work in multiple areas of the art department and be able to understand the needs of each unique area.
• Responsible for identifying, implementing or inventing appropriate technical solutions to render the Art Director’s vision on target.
• Must be a positive and creative force in the team, encouraging fearless curiosity and ingenuity.
• Responsible for working with and seeking frequent feedback from peers and leads across all disciplines.
• Meet project deadlines and milestones, coordinating closely with Producers, Developers and other Artists to scope, schedule and deliver the work as planned.
• Proactively share information with the technical art staff of other teams across the larger studio to improve their craft and be successful at Microsoft Studios.
• Provide unique solutions to improve the creative process in a collaborative environment.
• Support the content creation teams with tools, workflow, and pipelines to aid generation and implementation.
• Contribute to a smooth pipeline from outsourcers to game engine.
• Responsible for authoring high-quality Art Process Documentation.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills, across multiple disciplines; this role requires frequent coordination with engine developers, designers, and artists.
• Agile, flexible and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work.
• A good team-player and self-motivated; able to both partner effectively with others while also making smart, strategic decisions when working independently.
• Work closely with teams to evaluate project status and milestones.
• Passion for games, interactive technology, and amazing user experiences.
• A fundamental understanding of digital art processes and production – how do artists work? How can we make their lives easier and unleash their creative potential?
• 5+ years as a professional artist within Videogame production or Feature Film VFX or equivalent experience.
• Experience as a lead or supervising internal teams and external partners.
• Deep understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content development, devising the highest visual quality solutions within aggressive performance constraints.
• Console AAA game development experience.
• Proficient with professional 3D software for content production across multiple disciplines including 3D modeling, texture production, rigging, animation and all forms of VFX with an emphasis on procedural tools and workflows. (Houdini, Maya, 3DSMax, Modo, Motion Builder, RealFlow, Zbrush, Mudbox, Photoshop).
• High capacity to learn new tools and process and a desire to remain on the cutting edge.
• Coding, workflow tool and script authoring experience that has reduced the cost of in-house or outsourced content production and pushed creative iteration. (Including Python, MEL, Shading languages (HLSL), C# and C++).
• Experience/coding for procedural content creation.
• Experience authoring fluid simulations as well as dynamics and particle effects.
• Familiarity with modern game engines: Unreal/Unity/CryEngine.
All candidates must deliver a full resume with detailed work samples/case studies to be considered for this position.
Portfolio review required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
To apply please follow this link: https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=177231&jlang=en&pp=ss
Microsoft Studios Recruiting Technical Art Director, gamer, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx, animator jobs, jobs, cgi, Red5 Studios hiring, Red5 Studios jobs, Animation, 3d, Microsoft Studios Recruiting Technical Art Director