Nerd Corps Entertainment Seeking Junior Animators (Vancouver)
** Please state “CPN – Junior Animator” in the subject line of your email **
Nerd Corps Entertainment, established in 2002, is one of North America’s largest privately owned animation studios, boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. With six shows in production, there is always a genre or character to keep you interested and challenged. But we’re more than just an animation studio. Our 400 creatives build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, from the IP creation and development to post-production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development, making us a rarity in the industry. Our studio near Vancouver’s trendy Commercial Drive is a vibrant mixture of rookies and veterans, where those fresh out of college can continue learning from mid-career and senior artists, and where every level of experience can make the most of their talent on some of the best kids shows and games in the world.
Leo, Gemini, Emmy…been there, won that.
Come work for an award-winning studio and make cartoons, not war.
About the position
As a junior animator you create high-calibre, dramatic and action-oriented character animation while at the same time meeting production deadlines. You have a good understanding of the principles of animation, movement and timing skills. You are integral to the animation team and are enthusiastic at developing your skills. You are able to take direction and address notes willingly in a timely manner.
- Strive to break the conventional animation limitations of 3D animated television series and create the highest possible quality of animation in this medium
- Demonstrate the ability to take direction well and excel in a team environment
- Work under the direction of the animation supervisor and animation director
- Degree/diploma in 3D animation
- 6 months+ experience preferably with a background in episodic TV or feature animation
- Broad understanding of 3D character animation
- Solid knowledge of SoftImage XSI is beneficial
- Strong understanding of character acting principles
- Strong understanding of motion, weight, emotion, acting and timing
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
Please email your resume, portfolio/demo reel link and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit:
Nerd Corps Entertainment Seeking Junior Animators (Vancouver), Nerd Corps Entertainment jobs, Animation, 3d, Nerd Corps Entertainment, Nerd Corps Entertainment VANCOUVER