Nerd Corps Entertainment Seeking On-Line Editor
Nerd Corps Entertainment, established in 2002, is one of North America’s largest privately owned animation studios, boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. With six shows in production, there is always a genre or character to keep you interested and challenged. But we’re more than just an animation studio. Our 400 creatives build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, from the IP creation and development to post-production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development, making us a rarity in the industry. Our studio near Vancouver’s trendy Commercial Drive is a vibrant mixture of rookies and veterans, where those fresh out of college can continue learning from mid-career and senior artists, and where every level of experience can make the most of their talent on some of the best kids shows and games in the world.
Leo, Gemini, Emmy…been there, won that.
Come work for an award-winning studio and make cartoons, not war.
Department: Post Production
About the position:
As the on-line editor you will package shows for delivery. In order to be a successful online editor at Nerd Corps, you should have exceptional attention to detail and rock-solid Avid experience.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Build online show for broadcast delivery
- Monitor quality control and work with supervisor and artists to ensure fixes are addressed in a timely manner
- Assemble final show with closed captioning and screen credits
- Create outputs of shows, including all stages (from animatics to final versioning of shows)
- Handle all broadcast deliverables
- Cut together sequences
- Manage editorial project/media files efficiently
- Avid system maintenance (upgrades, troubleshooting)
Qualifications and experience:
- Strong understanding of post procedures, production and workflow
- 3-5 years minimum professional experience (understanding of 3D animation an asset)
- Must have a strong understanding of Avid editing techniques using Avid Unity
- Ability to analyze wave forms and vector scopes
- Knowledge of additional editing applications an asset
- Solid understanding of the various types of broadcast deliverables
- Experience with broadcast standards conversion an asset
- An understanding of digital encoding techniques an asset
- Expert skills in on-line editing
- Deadline motivated
- Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate thoughts and ideas
- Proactive approach to work
- Work well in a team-oriented atmosphere and able to follow direction from others
- Ability to work unsupervised and good self/time management skills
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
Please email your resume, portfolio/demo reel link and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit:
Nerd Corps Entertainment Seeking On-Line Editor, Nerd Corps Entertainment jobs, Animation, 3d, Nerd Corps Entertainment, Nerd Corps Entertainment VANCOUVER, VANCOUVER, Modeller