Nerd Corps Entertainment Seeking Senior Animator (Vancouver)
Please state “CGM – Senior Animator” in the subject line of your email **
Nerd Corps Entertainment, established in 2002, is one of North America’s largest privately owned animation studios, boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. With six shows in production, there is always a genre or character to keep you interested and challenged. But we’re more than just an animation studio. Our 400 creatives build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, from the IP creation and development to post-production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development, making us a rarity in the industry. Our studio near Vancouver’s trendy Commercial Drive is a vibrant mixture of rookies and veterans, where those fresh out of college can continue learning from mid-career and senior artists, and where every level of experience can make the most of their talent on some of the best kids shows and games in the world.
Leo, Gemini, Emmy…been there, won that.
Come work for an award-winning studio and make cartoons, not war.
About the position
As a senior animator you have exceptional character animation skills and considerable experience in 3D animation for broadcast television or feature film production. You excel at creating high-calibre, dramatic and action-oriented character animation while at the same time meeting production deadlines. Your name is well-known in the animation community. You must have exceptional orderly workflow and be able to hold training sessions for fellow animators.
- To break the conventional animation limitations of 3D animated television series and create the highest possible quality of animation in this medium.
- Transfer animation knowledge to other crew members
- Continually demonstrate a strong understanding of motion, weight, emotion, acting and timing
- Demonstrate the ability to take direction well and thrive in a team environment
- Work under the direction of the animation supervisor and the animation director
- Degree/diploma in 3D animation
- Thrives in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
- Solid knowledge of SoftImage XSI an asset
- 3+ years experience preferably with a background in episodic TV or feature animation
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of 3D character animation
- Strong understanding of character acting principles
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
Please email your resume, portfolio/demo reel link and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit:
Nerd Corps Entertainment Seeking Senior Animator (Vancouver), Nerd Corps Entertainment jobs, Animation, 3d, Nerd Corps Entertainment, Nerd Corps Entertainment VANCOUVER