Nerd Corps Entertainment Seeking Texture Artist (Vancouver)
** Please state “CGM – Texture Artist” in the subject line of your email **
Nerd Corps Entertainment, established in 2002, is one of North America’s largest privately owned animation studios, boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. With six shows in production, there is always a genre or character to keep you interested and challenged. But we’re more than just an animation studio. Our 400 creatives build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, from the IP creation and development to post-production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development, making us a rarity in the industry. Our studio near Vancouver’s trendy Commercial Drive is a vibrant mixture of rookies and veterans, where those fresh out of college can continue learning from mid-career and senior artists, and where every level of experience can make the most of their talent on some of the best kids shows and games in the world.
Leo, Gemini, Emmy…been there, won that.
Come work for an award-winning studio and make cartoons, not war.
About the Position
As the texture artist you will create and paint surface textures on animated characters, props, or environments. You will develop elegant and flexible shader networks to achieve a wide range of visually appealing styles, from cartoony to photo-real.
- Create and apply textures in accordance with design reference
- You will deliver high-quality digital textures and collaborate in testing
- You will collaborate with and bring creativity to a team of artists
- You will work closely with the modelling team to ensure all textures work smoothly throughout the pipeline
- Meet scheduled deadlines according to artistic guidelines
- 3+ years of experience in television or relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in texturing in XSI and ZBrush
- Demonstrated talent in developing the surface materials, textures and UVs for characters, props or environments
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
- Must be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Open and encourages feedback and new initiatives
- Able to follow direction
- Able to take criticism professionally
- Have a good sense of aesthetics
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
Please email your resume, portfolio/demo reel link and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit:
Nerd Corps Entertainment Seeking Texture Artist (Vancouver), Nerd Corps Entertainment jobs, Animation, 3d, Nerd Corps Entertainment, Nerd Corps Entertainment VANCOUVER