Nerd Corps Entertainment Seeking XSI Modellers
Modeller – XSI
Nerd Corps Entertainment, established in 2002, is one of North America’s largest privately owned animation studios, boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. With six shows in production, there is always a genre or character to keep you interested and challenged. But we’re more than just an animation studio. Our 400 creatives build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, from the IP creation and development to post-production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development, making us a rarity in the industry. Our studio near Vancouver’s trendy Commercial Drive is a vibrant mixture of rookies and veterans, where those fresh out of college can continue learning from mid-career and senior artists, and where every level of experience can make the most of their talent on some of the best kids shows and games in the world.
Leo, Gemini, Emmy…been there, won that.
Come work for an award-winning studio and make cartoons, not war.
About the position:
As a modeller you have exceptional skills and experience in modeling, UV mapping, texturing and weighting in XSI. You create characters, props and set models that accurately represent the artistic goals and story concepts of the production. You excel at creating complex and organic models while at the same time meeting production deadlines. You take direction well, require minimum supervision and are a good communicator.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Create and texture geometry consistent with production designs of characters, sets, props and vehicles
- Apply basic rigs and weight models
- Can models for production use
- Render images of the models you create for approval and circulation
- Complete all work assigned within the scheduled timeframe and in an efficient manner
- Collaborate with animation team to ensure models are structured to achieve intended performance requirements
- Interpret and implement notes and feedback from directors and supervisors in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way
- Remain current in modelling and production techniques
- Stay up-to-date on production related software
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
Qualifications and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in television, or relevant industry experience
- Degree/diploma in fine arts or 3D modelling
- Proficiency in modelling, texturing and weighting in XSI
- Understanding and experience in the creation and use of geometry assets in a production setting
- Understanding of facial shape animation
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or other high-end 2D painting programs
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Good understanding of the animation process
- Work well in a team environment
- Thries in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Able to follow direction
- Able to take criticism professionally
- Has a good sense of aesthetics
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
Please email your resume, portfolio/demo reel link and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit:
Nerd Corps Entertainment Seeking XSI Modellers, Nerd Corps Entertainment jobs, Animation, 3d, Nerd Corps Entertainment, Nerd Corps Entertainment VANCOUVER, VANCOUVER, Modeller