Oriental Dream Works Recruiting Senior Rigger, Technical Director & Character FX Artist
The Senior Rigger oversees a particular area of character setup for the film to satisfy creative and technical requirements while meeting the production schedule. The Senior Rigger collaborates closely with the Department Head, who they report to, to help drive decisions that facilitate the setup work. They are also responsible for mentoring and directing the work of the Riggers working on tasks under their domain. The Senior Rigger also works closely with the Department Heads in other departments to resolve cross-department issues as well as the Senior Rigger on other shows to provide cross-show communication and coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities
Sets creative and technical direction in collaboration with the Rigging Department Head.
Performs weekly rounds with artists, evaluates artist work, and mentors the team technically and creatively.
Contributes to artist performance reviews.
Collaborates with Rigging Department Head and the Production Supervisor in bidding, scheduling and casting.
Collaborates with leadership in other departments on cross department issues.
Point person for all initiative issues – involves Rigging Department Head when needed.
Oversees technical development and integration on their show and coordinate the development efforts with other shows.
Oversees hair and clothing work, both technically and aesthetically.
Oversees motion system and body deformations work, both technically and aesthetically.
Sets the direction of face development, Oversees facial setup work, both technically and aesthetically.
Presents artists work to the Directors in dailies.
Suggests alternate approaches or simplifications to keep the Rigging work under budget.
Collaborates with fellow leads on other shows to leverage work across shows, communicate changes and help define the global cross-show vision for their area of specialty.
Helps spearhead QA, documentation and consistency specific to their area of specialty.
Oversees optimization efforts specific to their area of specialty.
Collaborates with HOCA/Lead Animator & Rigging Department Head on specs.
Helps identify and prioritize setup fixes & feature requests specific to their area of specialty.
Attends Modeling, Surfacing and Art reviews as appropriate.
Helps identify and prioritize R+D software bug fixes & feature requests.
Reviews models and flag potential problems to their Supervisor.
5+ years of experience including production experience in feature film animation
Strong working knowledge of Maya, Houdini, C++ and Python
Proven Leadership experience
Experience building new pipelines.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
shanghai, Shanghai, China
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Apply here:- http://bit.ly/1KBdbSc
A Technical Director (TD) provides critical support to a show’s artists and department heads. A Technical Director will design, develop, and implement new tools and processes for a particular show or department. As needed, a Technical Director may be asked to do shot work.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
• Assist animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering.
• Support and work with multiple departments, including Modeling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and Research and Development.
• Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
• Work closely with other Technical Directors, Production Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, and Production Engineering to maintain and further the production pipeline.
• Assist in training and mentoring of other Entry Level Technical Directors.
• Reports to the show’s Supervising Technical Director.
• Production experience in computer animation, visual effects, or game industry.
• Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines.
• Experience with two or more of the following software packages required; Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Arnold, Katana, RV.
• Some knowledge of Linux required.
• Strong programming skills. Proficiency in C++, Object Oriented Programming, Python desired.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups. Ability to communicate in English and Mandarin preferred.
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
Apply here:– http://bit.ly/1QllnVe
Character FX Artist
The Character FX Artist is responsible to design and create character effects such as cloth, hair and fur simulations. They will also be responsible to develop tools used in Character FX to help enhance the pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Creates cloth simulation, animation and finaling animation for shot work in production.
· Works closely with TDs, develops generalized tools, used in Character FX, to help enhance the pipeline.
· Creatively solve problems and achieve art direction for a shot.
· Troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
· Demonstrate artistic vision and appropriately expand upon the art direction given.
· Technical Animation for shots in production
· Deformations, procedural modeling and animation
· 3+ years of experience including production experience in feature film, TV animation or visual effects.
· Strong knowledge of Maya, Houdini, Python and Yeti; Experience in Qualoth will be a plus
· Strong communication skills.
· Dynamic simulation background preferred.
· Good problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
· Ability of result delivery under multi-tasks.
Apply here:- http://bit.ly/1LUsnXP
Oriental Dream Works Recruiting Senior Rigger, Technical Director & Character FX Artist, Oriental Dream Works, Oriental Dream Works hiring, Oriental Dream Works Jobs, Oriental Dream Works VFX, Oriental Dream Works Studio, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Video Game, jobs, Oriental Dream Works Recruiting, Oriental Dream Works Recruiting Senior Rigger, Oriental Dream Works Recruiting Technical Director, Oriental Dream Works Recruiting Character FX Artist