Pixar Animation Studios Recruiting Layout Artist
Location: Emeryville, CA
Job #: 1038
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” and “Monsters University,” the Northern California studio has won 30 Academy Awards® and its films have grossed more than $8.7 billion at the worldwide box office to date. “Inside Out,” Pixar’s fifteenth feature, will be release on June 19, 2015.
Summary of Position:
The Layout Artist creates sequences of shots that tell the story visually through the application of traditional filmmaking principles using Pixar’s proprietary animation software.
• Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
• Provide technical set-up of shots for downstream production departments.
• Reel containing examples of work done in a 3D computer graphics environment and which includes entire sequences where you were responsible for all of the layout work.
• Work should demonstrate a strong emphasis on visual storytelling including staging, composition, and editing.
• Animated or live-action personal projects and/or short films are encouraged, if available.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Animation, or Fine Arts recommended, though not required.
Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pixar Animation Studios Recruiting Layout Artist, 3d jobs, Animation jobs, animators, hiring, job, jobs, Pixar Canada is hiring, Recruiting, Recruitment, Render Lead, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs, Layout Artist