Pixar’s RenderMan Interviewing in Vancouver, BC!
Pixar’s RenderMan team will be in Vancouver, BC this month to interview software developers for roles in our Seattle, Washington studio. If you are qualified and interested in these full-time positions, please submit your resume to http://www.pixar.com/careers#Pixar-Careers-RenderMan-1325. If you’re even a little bit interested in knowing more, send us your information. Hope to see you there!
RenderMan Software Developer
Summary of Position:
Pixar’s RenderMan Products Group seeks a senior-level engineer to assist in the development and maintenance of Pixar’s world-renowned rendering software. This position is based in Seattle, WA.
• Lead and develop new or enhanced technical solutions to improve performance.
• Maintain and improve the rendering systems.
• Refactor and rewrite existing code to improve quality, reliability, and maintainability.
• Proactively test new and existing functionality to ensure the highest levels of quality.
• Provide hands-on support to important customers. Fix bugs in legacy code.
• Author high quality internal and end-user documentation.
• Contribute to team efforts by participating in design discussions, sharing engineering responsibilities, and fostering adoption of best practices.
• Ph.D. or equivalent work experience.
• Practical experience with photorealistic rendering (REYES, ray tracing, BXDFs, geometry processing).
• Familiarity with the latest developments in the industry.
• Proven experience constructing and shipping commercial software.
• Fluency in C++.
• A solid foundation in software engineering, including object-oriented programming.
• Proven experience developing innovative and cutting-edge software solutions.
• Ability to work well independently within a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
• A team-oriented, customer-focused, quality-obsessed mindset.
• Relevant academic research experience.
• Familiarity with programmable shading and writing shaders in the RenderMan shading language, HLSL/Cg, or the OpenGL shading language.
• Experience in film or video game production.
• Practical knowledge of multi-threaded software development.
• Experience with Python, Perl, and other programming languages.
• Familiarity with programming tools such as Valgrind, Visual Studio, Vtune, Subversion, etc.
Pixar Animation Studios Recruiting RenderMan Interviewing, Pixar Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios VFX, Pixar Animation Studios hiring, Pixar Animation Studios Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D jobs, Video Game jobs, 3D Animation, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Pixar Animation Studios Recruiting, Pixar Animation Studios Recruiting RenderMan Interviewing