Pixomondo Recruiting Matte Painting Artist
Matte Painting Artist
Location: Stuttgart (Germany)
Start Date: immediately
Department: Matte Painting
Position Level: Midlevel – Senior
Date(s): Beginning of April till the End of May
Contract Type: Freelance
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Stuttgart office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.
– Ability to create photorealistic environments, matte paints and landscapes exhibiting a strong foundation in traditional and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes.
– 3+ years of production experience
– Proficient with Adobe Photoshop
– Ability to create photo-real environments using 2D and 2.5D techniques including camera setup,
modeling for projections, color space, projection setup, layer management and delivery to compositing
– Strong artistic background and a sharp eye for detail with emphasis on composition, perspective, lighting and color.
– Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques, ability to match lighting and photo real characteristics of the supplied footage
– Excellent communication skills and technical knowledge
– Works closely with the VFX Supervisor and Head of Environment to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements.
– A good eye for detail.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Very Good Adobe Photoshop Knowledge.
– Good experience of Nuke is a plus.
– Knowledge of camera focal lengths, sense of composition and an understanding of different out-put requirements.
– Knowledge of matte painting techniques including color space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management.
– A very good understanding and application of basic perspective.
– Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and color.
To Apply for this Position:
Please apply online using the button below or email an application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your current resume, reel breakdown, a link to your demo reel and rate.
Pixomondo Recruiting Matte Painting Artist, Pixomondo Recruiting, 3d jobs, Animation jobs, hiring, job, jobs, Pixomondo, Pixomondo hiring, Pixomondo Recruiting, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs