Rainmaker Recruiting FX/Lighting & Comp Artist
FX/Lighting & Comp Artist – Next Installment of Open Season
Location: Vancouver (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
Are you a Lighting/Comp artist? Are you interested in the world of explosions, smoke and much, much more? If you answered yes and YES then check this out! We are looking for a Lighting/ Comp Artist that we can train in FX. This is a bit of a half and half role with some FX rendering and some Lighting/Comping in the beginning. Later on you would transition to primarily helping FX expedite the rendering process for some FX shots and be trained in FX while doing that. Eventually you will become a full blown (no pun intended) FX artist. Sound great? Find more details below.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Supervisor or Lead in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
· Collaborates with Lighting and Compositing artists to test efficacy of the special effects, modifying the design/application as necessary.
· Delivers assignments per project’s schedule.
· Adheres to digital file management protocols.
· Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
· Supports and integrates the values of Rainmaker that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
· Interacts respectfully with colleagues, staff members and clients.
· Additional duties as requested.
· Ability to work with the lighting and rendering pipeline and capable of troubleshooting common rendering and lighting technical issues.
· Ability to integrate all layers including animation, the environment, lighting and effects in order to create the final shot. He/she is able to manage the renders and set up the shots technically.
· Degree or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
· 1+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline is preferred however not required.
· Strong artistic vision, sense of design and composition.
· Intermediate understanding of 3D animation, texturing, modeling, lighting and compositing.
· Proficiency in using Maya and Nuke, Mental Ray is a plus.
· Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the areas of rendering, lighting, shading and compositing.
· Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
· Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
· Efficient and detail oriented.
· Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
· Encourages open communication between the team and other departments.
· Ability to deliver FX assignments per agreed upon specs and schedule.
Apply here:- email@example.com
Rainmaker Recruiting FX/Lighting & Comp Artist, Rainmaker, Rainmaker hiring, Rainmaker VFX, Rainmaker Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Rainmaker Recruiting, Rainmaker Recruiting FX/Lighting & Comp Artist