Rebellion Developments Character Artist
Character Artist (12 mth contract)
Category: Character Artist
Company: Rebellion Developments
Location: Oxford (United Kingdom)
Start Date: immediately
Business Area/Division: Art
Rebellion Oxford is looking for an experienced character artist who is passionate about creating memorable and high quality characters for various major console, pc and mobile projects. Successful applicants will be talented and highly-motivated, with a genuine interest in playing games.
This is a full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters, on an initial 12 months employed contract basis (not freelance or agency). You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Experience & Qualifications:
At least 3 years’ industry experience designing and modelling characters is required – with experience of a full production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
• Create character artwork for in-game use to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets
• Create initial character designs with input from concept artwork and mood boards
• Creation of character geometry through ZBrush sculpt to final ingame model, LOD models and skinning
• Creation of character textures and materials – baking normals, UV-ing and generation of PBR textures
• Oversee character artwork from out-source teams, giving feedback and guidance with assistance from Rebellion’s Out-Source Manager
• Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
• Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
• Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment
• Work effectively and understand prioritisation
• Expert 3D ability with ZBrush and either 3ds Max or Maya
• Create normal maps using ZBrush, 3ds Max, Maya, xNormal or Quixel Suite
• First-class material creation skills based on an understanding of games shaders and real-world surface types
• Strong technical understanding of console limitations and knowledge of efficient artwork techniques
• Strong UV mapping skills with efficient layouts
• Strong understanding of anatomy, scale, proportion and stance
• Ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D character assets
• Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction
• A working knowledge of PBR materials systems is an advantage
• Experience of working with photogrammetric data is an advantage
Apply here:- http://jobs.rebellion.co.uk/vacancies/217/character_artist_12_mth_contract/#vacancy_start
Rebellion Developments Character Artist, Rebellion Developments, Rebellion Developments hiring, Rebellion Developments Vfx, Rebellion Developments Studio, Rebellion Developments Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Jobs, CG, CGI, 3D Animation, Recruiting, Recruitment, Rebellion Developments Recruiting, Rebellion Developments Character Artist