Rebellion Developments Recruiting Design – Entry Level & Internship
Design – Entry Level & Internship
Company: Rebellion Developments
Location: Oxford (United Kingdom)
Start Date: immediately
Business Area / Division: Entry-Level Roles & Internships
Rebellion offers a limited amount of internships and entry-level roles each year. Competition for places is fierce and we look for the best academic students who are passionate about games and excel in their field. We offer the chance to work with industry experts at our Oxford studio who will guide and teach you how to contribute to making the best computer games.
Entry-level or intern designer can experience hands-on training in a large studio working alongside many other professional games designers using our in-house tools. Although we highly value degrees as a indication of ambition, standards and commitment, a degree is not necessary for designers with compelling portfolios of personal work, nor any prior internship experience.
– Only include your best work in your portfolio
– We are particularly interested in seeing any playable personal game prototypes, examples of project work, layout maps and so on
– For group projects clearly identify which parts you were responsible for
– As an aspiring designer it is fine to use placeholder art, we won’t be judging you on your artistic skills J
– We don’t have time to read full design documents but will consider short (2 A4 pages or less) pitches, concepts, analytic pieces about existing games or summaries of how you incorporated user feedback to improve something of your own
Skills you will need:
– Good understanding of game design fundamentals
– Some working knowledge of game editors and scripting tools
– An analytical approach to game play
– Good spoken and written communication skills, as well as teamworking
– Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to accept and follow direction
– A genuine interest in playing games
If you have already graduated or are in the last year of your studies, then please apply for an entry-level design role – previous intern experience is not necessary.
Generally the longer your can spend at Rebellion the better, so that you can make the most of the training and start producing work of a high-enough quality that can actually be used in one of our games. However we can be flexible on timing of internships to suit term-times. We consider requests all year round but do bear in mind that we get most summer vacation internship requests in November and December of the previous year, so we start interviews for those in December and by January we have usually decided on all our summer places.
As a registered Tier 2 sponsor Rebellion can consider sponsorship for entry-level roles on a case-by-case basis where needed. For international students studying in the UK on a student visa, it is likely that you can work up to 20 hours a week in term-time and full-time in vacation periods, up to the end date of your course. However we would need to talk to you more about your individual visa to be sure.
Please apply below, indicating in your application form if you are looking for a fixed-term internship or an entry-level role.
As well as your CV and portfolio, please upload a cover letter letting us know:
1. Why did you choose to apply to Rebellion above other opportunities?
2. What would you be able to offer us during your time here?
3. What would you hope to gain from the internship?
4. Which of our games have you played and what did you like and dislike about them?
5. More info about any other experience you consider relevant, eg. hobby projects, previous work experience.
Apply here:- http://jobs.rebellion.co.uk/vacancies/190/design_entry_level_internship/#vacancy_start
Rebellion Developments Recruiting Design – Entry Level & Internship, Rebellion Developments, Rebellion Developments hiring, Rebellion Developments Vfx, Rebellion Developments Studio, Rebellion Developments Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Jobs, CG, CGI, 3D Animation, Recruiting, Recruitment, Rebellion Developments Recruiting, Rebellion Developments Recruiting Design – Entry Level & Internship