Rebellion Developments Recruiting GUI Artist
GUI Artist (Contract, Oxford)
Company: Rebellion Developments
Location: Oxford (United Kingdom)
Start Date: immediately
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for an enthusiastic GUI Artist devoted to creating stylish user interfaces. The successful applicant will have graphic design experience, be self-motivated and talented, with a genuine interest in playing games.
This is a full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters, initially available for approximately 6 months on a temporary employed contract basis (not freelance or agency) but with the possibility of future extension and/or transition into a permanent in-house role. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Game industry experience is preferred but not essential but if you have graphic design experience including creating graphical user interfaces and an awareness of best selling games and the graphical styles they employ.
Please include a link to your portfolio of graphic design and user interface examples demonstrating outstanding visuals and creativity.
– Work closely with a GUI Designer to create art for 2D front-end game interfaces and in-game display HUDs
– Create both static and animating 2D elements
– Follow the Rebellion GUI creation process from concept through to completion
– Rapid creation of GUI artwork prototypes
– Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, adapting to different art styles and keeping consistency with the overall game style
– Prioritise work against schedules and track assigned tasks
– Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
– Excellent use of Photoshop
– Skilled in GUI design and creation of graphic elements and animations
– Good core graphic design skills including layout, typography, font formats and colour
– Good understanding of composition and color theory
– Good written and verbal communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction
– Ability to grasp new concepts and tools quickly
How To Apply
To apply for this job, or register your interest for future jobs, please apply by email to email@example.com – remember to include your CV, completed application form (available for download below) and portfolio link.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can provide examples of their work, and who can legally work in the UK.
In addition to practical skills, all successful applicants are:
– Team players, with good communication skills
– Capable of taking direction
– Self motivated and disciplined
– Passionate about games!
Rebellion Developments Recruiting GUI Artist, Rebellion Developments, Rebellion Developments Games, Rebellion Developments Hiring, Rebellion Developments job, Rebellion Developments Games jobs, Rebellion Developments Recruiting, Rebellion Developments Studios, hiring, job, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs