Rebellion Developments Recruiting Web Developer
Category: Software Engineer
Company: Rebellion Developments
Location: Oxford (United Kingdom)
Start Date: immediately
Business Area / Division: Code
At Rebellion Oxford we are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active Web Developer, talented in front-end web design and interaction, to join our existing web development department. This role is weighted towards front-end design and programming, taking care of interfaces and usability, but also requires an understanding of PHP and the ability to help out with back-end programming, as required. A unique chance to play a pivotal role in connecting one of the UK’s leading independent media companies directly with their growing worldwide audience of consumers, from websites to web-based software projects, game servers and ecommerce.
This role is full-time, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters and will initially be for a fixed-term period of 12 months.
Please include a link to your portfolio of web design examples, clearly stating your level of involvement in each case.
Qualifications & Experience:
We are ideally looking for proven experience of professional front-end web development, with good understanding of PHP. A strong academic background is also preferred, with a degree in interaction/graphic design, computing, science, mathematics or similar or equivalent industry experience (Games industry experience is not required as this is not a games-development role).
· Design, implement, test and maintain websites, applications and services, focusing on front-end design, interaction and usability
· Work to functional and project-specific aesthetic briefs within technical limitations
· Streamline and implement logical interface flow and function of menus
· Support our PHP programmers in the implementation and maintenance of back-end systems
· General web administration such as uploading new content for different departments
· Ad-hoc support to our in-house customer service team
· Document processes and task tracking, with great attention to detail
· Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
· Excellent flair for creative front-end web design and interaction, with excellent attention to detail and awareness of usability issues, ability to wireframe and/or prototype.
· Good PHP, MySQL and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge and experience of OOP and MVC frameworks (ideally Laravel or Symfony 2)
· Ability to grasp new concepts and tools quickly
· Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills
· Good team-working skills as well as the ability to accept and follow direction
· Working knowledge of any of the following would also be advantageous but not essential: IDEs, debugging, logging, automated testing (PHPUnit, TDD), version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN), Agile methodologies, linux OS and command line tools.
Rebellion Developments Recruiting Web Developer, Rebellion Developments, Rebellion Developments hiring, Rebellion Developments Vfx, Rebellion Developments Studio, Rebellion Developments Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Jobs, CG, CGI, 3D Animation, Recruiting, Recruitment, Rebellion Developments Recruiting, Rebellion Developments Recruiting Web Developer