3D Generalist for VR Sim – Silver Spring, MD
We have an opening for two artists to come on board for a full-time position from now through Aug 2016 onsite at our Silver Spring office.
The position description is as follows:
3D Generalist – Medical Simulation
Virtual Environments Laboratory
Val G. Hemming Simulation Center
The Val G. Hemming Simulation Center (SimCen) (http://simcen.usuhs.edu, http://simcen.org) is seeking 3D Generalist. This position is located in Silver Spring, MD. The SimCen is home to the Wide Area Virtual Environment (WAVE). The WAVE is the world’s largest immersive virtual reality theater. The WAVE uses a blend of virtual reality, theatrical effects, live action, and human patient simulators to provide an unprecedented level of realism for medical team training.
The incumbent will assist in the development of the WAVE. Work will include the development of 3D environment models, human and other characters, and their animation. The individual can expect to encounter and help solve technical challenges in the process. In addition, the individual will also assist in the daily operation of the SimCen’s Virtual Medical Environments Laboratory (VME Lab), and in conducting tours for VIPs. Some travel to support offsite activities can be expected. Offsite activities can include supporting the deployment of SimCen technology at partner locations. It can also include site surveys in preparation of developing a new 3D environment model. The incumbent will report to the Director for Virtual Medical Environments at the SimCen.
Interested applicants please contact:
Valerie Henry (email@example.com)
Essential Job Duties:
1. Design and develop 3D environmental models to support the SimCen’s medical simulation research and development initiative including the WAVE.
2. Develop and animate 3D characters for use in the SimCen’s WAVE environment and medical training systems.
3. Assisting in defining the 3D modeling and animation workflow for the VME Lab.
4. Assist in conducting training activities in the SimCen’s VME Lab and the WAVE.
5. Assist in configuring the WAVE system in preparation of training or demos.
Non-essential Job Duties
1. Assist in the setup of equipment for WAVE training events.
2. Assist in the transport, setup and demonstration of simulator equipment at offsite locations for training or exhibiting purposes.
The following are essential:
– A Bachelor of Fine Art degree in Media Arts, Computer Animation or a related field. – At least two years of experience with Autodesk 3ds Max.
– Experience with ZBrush or Mudbox.
– Experience creating 3D assets, textures, and animations for use in a real-time rendering environment including photo real backgrounds, sets, buildings, vehicles, terrain, animals and characters.
– Storyboarding and animating 3D characters, objects and special effects
– A creative flair, as evidenced in prior work or current portfolio.
– An ability to work independently and deliver according to schedule.
The following are highly desirable:
– Experience with working in a game development or medical simulation environment.
Minimum education/training requirements:
– BFA in Media Arts, Computer Animation or a related field.
– Two years of experience with Autodesk 3ds Max.
– Sitting, standing, walking, and traveling to off-site locations.
– Some carrying of props and training equipment.
– Must be able to assist in moving larger training equipment.
– The incumbent will report directly to, and be supervised by, the Director of Virtual Medical Environments at the SimCen.
Work Environment: – Office setting.
Recruiting 3D Generalist, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, 3D Jobs, 2D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG Jobs, Jobs, CGI, hiring, 2D, 3D, Animation Vfx, Recruiting, Recruitment, Recruiting 3D Generalist