Rigging Supervisor – Redrover (Korea/China)
Picture Animation Artist recruit ( Rigging Supervisor)
Redrover is a Korea-based animation production company specializing in Global Feature Animations,
such as SPARK and The Nut Job (2014).
Our company is listed on the KOSDAQ, and we produce various animated contents for both exhibition and theatrical release.
We are currently looking for global Artist who can contribute to the New project.
Redrover’s Demo Reel:
1. Location: South Korea
3F, Bundang M Tower, 8 Gumi-ro, Seongnam-city, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. (Zip Code: 463-870)
Position: Rigging Supervisor
Reports to: Asset Supervisor, or CG Supervisor, Producer
Position Description and requirements:
· To establish guidelines and create character rigs for animation within timelines of production in conjunction with the development of fur and model/ rig-related tools for studio use;
· To provide and/or oversee the completion of rigs, in partnership with the Modeling and Animation Supervisor, for feature film production as well as other projects in development/ production;
· Tasks would include, but are not limited to, developing/ supporting/ testing/ refinement of:
Management and support of rigging team to enable to them to reach goals of production under fast paced timelines
Prototype rigs for skeleton and control systems, skin weighting, corrective shapes, facial controls.
Establishing production structure and standardized naming convention in conjunction with Asset Supervisor and Pipeline TD’s.
Establishing guidelines along with the Asset Supervisor and rigging leads for creation of and design of rigging tools and rigs that fit budget and timelines of the production
Creating/ supporting/ assisting generic rig tools that can be used for custom face and body rigs. These will be written as needed and as the model/ rig progresses: wire deformer with controls, lattice deformer with controls (squash/stretch), cluster deformer with controls, ear/ sticky lip/ eye/ cheek/ jaw/ mouth mover/ tail rigs.
Creating/ supporting other tools related to animating constraints, skin weight exports, blend shape tools, controls tools.
Reviewing, developing, and/ or assessing fur/ model/ rig/ cloth simulation, setup and animation interaction.
· To troubleshoot rig-related issues as they arise over the course of production while partnering with the Director, Art Director, CG Supervisor,
Asset Supervisor, and Technical Team to help ensure aesthetic goals are met in the most efficient manner;
· To supervise, support, and approve the output of the rigging team.
· Proven ability to lead a team and provide clear feedback and direction;
· 5-7 years previous supervisor experience and at least 2 digital productions;
· Superior experience and knowledge of Rigging in Maya;
· Strong knowledge of human and quadruped anatomy;
· Strong knowledge of Maya skin weighting;
· Working knowledge of Maya polygonal modeling tools;
· python scripting ability;
· Knowledge of biomechanics a plus;
· Art and design background (education or work experience) an asset;
· Experience with a sculpting application (zBrush/ MudBox) a bonus
· Work in China and Korea until the project is complete
3. Job description:
· You will be working five days a week in Korea or China (Shanghai).
· You will be working mainly on the production of our animated feature film, The Nut Job 2.
· We have both part-time (temporary) and full-time positions available.
· The salaries and compensation will be discussed after the interview.
*To apply, please make sure you follow the instructions given below.
4. Application Process
1) Submit your resume via e-mail.
2) Interview (Skype) with the staffs and the executive.
3) We will notify the results individually and discuss the details of the salaries.
5. Application Deadline
Till the position is full.
6. How to Apply
You need to submit your resume along with your cover letter and a portfolio (by link).
Please keep your mail title “Animator Your name”
your form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the application form is submitted, beware that we will not be able to return it to you.
The interview dates will be scheduled after we process the submitted application forms.
Email us for further questions.
Redrover Recruiting Rigging Supervisor, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Redrover Vfx, Redrover hiring, Redrover Jobs, Redrover Recruiting, Redrover Recruiting Rigging Supervisor