Surfacing Lead – Redrover (Korea/China)
Picture Animation Artist recruit ( Surfacing Lead )
Redrover is a Korea-based animation production company specializing in Global Feature Animations,
such as SPARK and The Nut Job (2014).
Our company is listed on the KOSDAQ, and we produce various animated contents for both exhibition and theatrical release.
We are currently looking for global Artist who can contribute to the New project.
Redrover’s Demo Reel:
1. Location: South Korea
3F, Bundang M Tower, 8 Gumi-ro, Seongnam-city, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. (Zip Code: 463-870)
Position: Lead Surfacing Artist
Reports to: Art Director/CG Supervisor/Asset Supervisor
· To lead a team in the surfacing of assets during visual development, pre-production, and production while meeting the highest of quality, aesthetically and technically,
on the studio’s first CG feature film entitled, THE NUT JOB;
· To establish and/or create the look and feel of characters, props and environments during visual development, pre-production, and production of the studio’s first CG feature film entitled,
THE NUT JOB, as well as on other Hong Man productions, via collaboration with Asset Supervisor, CG Supervisor and Art Director;
· To achieve texture paint for feature film production as well as other projects in development per established guidelines and timelines, while ensuring continuity in style is maintained throughout the project;
· To ensure that the Surfacing team meets aesthetic goals in the most efficient manner;
· To revise, edit and modify work as indicated by the CG Supervisor and/or Art Director;
· To work collaboratively with other departments to support their needs as determined by the Art Director/CG Supervisor;
· To ensure that surfacing assets meeting aesthetic and technical requirements, are complete and ready for lighting via implementing and overseeing quality control measures;
· To ensure file management and archiving of art work is maintained throughout the course of production;
· To spot, report, document, and communicate creative and technical issues as they arise via sharing knowledge with team members;
· To ensure departmental workflow and protocol is documented;
· To identify potential surfacing issues with regard towards scheduled deadlines;
· To assist in troubleshooting creative and technical issues as they arise;
· To maintain awareness of the broader show needs as they relate to the Surfacing Department (schedule, complexity of setups, etc.) ;
· To assist with character grooms/fur needs as required;
· To assist team members within the Surfacing Department as needs arise;
· To provide creative input where appropriate;
· To assist with bidding and scheduling via partnership with the Management Team, CG Supervisor
· To work in adherence to budget and schedule constraints while maintaining the show’s overall look and mood via organization and self-management
Leadership Tasks and Responsibilities:
A Lead is responsible for the productivity and actions of the crew members within his/her department.
The Lead has several manager-like roles and responsibilities including facilitation and formation of Hong Man’s processes as well as related follow-through.
The Lead’s first duty is to represent management and the company.
It is the Lead’s job to organize his/her department and team, visualize future impacts and needs, energize the employees to get their tasks done and
supervise their work ensuring that the productivity and quality standards are met.
To ensure that this is done, the Lead makes certain that his employees have the training, the tools and the material that they need to carry out their duties.
The Lead is expected to be familiar with the policies and regulations within the studio, and, via partnership with Management.
The Lead’s tasks, include but are not limited to, the following:
· Providing appropriate support to his/her team via example and instruction;
· Arranging for regular meetings with his/her team to ensure noteworthy information is disseminated throughout his/her department;
· Participating in the hiring process as part of interviewing and assessing candidates (NOTE: The actual hiring authority rests in the hands of a Human Resource Manager/Producer.)
· Assists in the casting and scheduling of work within his/her department;
· Accountability for the work and actions of his/her team members, and monitoring team performance;
· Collects and presents ideas to his/her immediate supervise to improve quality of work and/or processes;
· Maintains equality throughout the department while ensuring studio policy is adhered to.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Minimum 5 years of high-end production experience; feature film experience an asset
· Work in China and Korea until the project is complete
· Strong painting skills and artistic eye for detail
· Detail oriented and the ability to understand the complexity of a 3D pipeline
· Familiarity with Renderman/3Delight would be an asset
· Familiarity with Polygonal texturing using image maps
· Strong uv-ing skills is a must
· Familiarity with construction of shaders and utilities
· Experience with hair systems would be an asset
· Ability to debug complex shader networks would be an asset
· Strong photoshop and 3D painting knowledge
· Experience with mari, mudbox or zbrush
· Some experience with mel /python scripting would be an asset
· Ability to take initiative and solve problems independently as well as within a team environment
· Track record as a team player
3. Job description:
· You will be working five days a week in Korea or China (Shanghai).
· You will be working mainly on the production of our animated feature film, The Nut Job 2.
· We have both part-time (temporary) and full-time positions available.
· The salaries and compensation will be discussed after the interview.
*To apply, please make sure you follow the instructions given below.
4. Application Process
1) Submit your resume via e-mail.
2) Interview (Skype) with the staffs and the executive.
3) We will notify the results individually and discuss the details of the salaries.
5. Application Deadline
Till the position is full.
6. How to Apply
You need to submit your resume along with your cover letter and a portfolio (by link).
Please keep your mail title “Animator Your name”
your form to email@example.com
Once the application form is submitted, beware that we will not be able to return it to you.
The interview dates will be scheduled after we process the submitted application forms.
Email us for further questions.
Redrover Recruiting Surfacing Lead, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Redrover Vfx, Redrover hiring, Redrover Jobs, Redrover Recruiting, Redrover Recruiting Surfacing Lead