Reel FX Recruiting FX Artist
Reel FX Creative Studios, the award winning animation studio behind The Book of Life, is expanding its creative reach to include its newest office in Montreal. Recruitment for all of our projects, including the new animated feature Ugly Dolls directed by Robert Rodriguez (Sin City, Desperado, Spy Kids), is in progress with openings in the new Montreal location.
Based in Dallas for over 20 years, we’ve collaborated with Warner Bros, Disney, Fox, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Illumination and Google among others, with a passion for excellence on every project. From short film, branded content, ride film, or full length animated feature work, the team is constantly pushing for advancements in creativity, style, and process. The focus on superior craftsmanship and collaborative problem solving is at the core of Reel FX ethos.
Reel FX is looking for exceptional visionaries and artists to join the team. We don’t like to settle, so if you’re as demanding of your work as we are of ours, then you may have found the right place.
Studio offices are in LA, Montreal and Dallas.
Under general supervision of 3D Effects Supervisor this position executes simulations and special effects needed for a shot. FX positions starting as early as February 2018 in Montreal.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Simulate natural phenomenon by applying direct and procedural animation techniques to create a variety of effects
• Create and composite 3D effects elements
• Create and communicate animation timing for effects
• Work with production team to create the desired look for the effect.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 2 years production experience in film or television effects
• Thorough knowledge of 3D effects and simulation techniques
• Working knowledge of Maya and Houdini required
• Compositing experience is a plus
• UNIX/LINUX operating system experience required
• Experience programming Python is a plus
• Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• Able to multi-task and prioritize
• Able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
• Enjoy working in teams
• Able to follow directions well
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply here:- https://jobs.reelfx.com/positions/fx-artist-montreal-location-396
Reel FX Recruiting FX Artist, Reel FX, Reel FX hiring, Reel FX Studio, Reel FX Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Reel FX Recruiting, FX Artist