Reel FX Recruiting Lighting and Compositing Artist
Lighting and Compositing Artist (Feature Animation)
Company: Reel FX
Location: Dallas (United States)
Start Date: immediately
This is a DALLAS based position.
There is currently a junior and senior level position open.
Under general supervision of the Lighting Supervisor this position is responsible for creating and fine-tuning lighting and shadows for assigned shots, rendering layers, and compositing those layers to create the final image.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Light “1-off” shots as required by lighting quota and Supervisor and perform technical work in support of shot lighting using a variety of tools.
• Demonstrate Level of Competence with RST
• Manage shot renders
• Manage individual shot quota
• Follow the creative direction of the production from a lighting standpoint as communicated by the Supervisor.
• Performing compositing operations with the rendered layers created, including overall look and feel, color correction, extractions, rotoscoping, and other compositing effects as needed.
• Maintain high quality and productivity throughout projects.
• Ensure consistent look between shots.
• Remain current and up-to-date in lighting techniques.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Thorough knowledge of high end 3D software, Maya
• Thorough knowledge of high end Rendering software Mental Ray, Renderman
• Strong demonstration of composition, lighting and color
• Thorough knowledge of node based compositing systems
• Minimum one year production experience
• Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• A creative and collaborative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work
• Demonstrable ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
• Enjoy working in teams
• Able to follow directions well
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply here:- http://jobs.reelfx.com/positions/lighting-and-compositing-artist-feature-animation-the-book-of-life-301
Reel FX Recruiting Lighting and Compositing Artist, Reel FX, Reel FX Recruiting, cgi, cg job, 3d job, vfx jobs, Reel FX jobs, Reel FX hiring, jobs, 3djobs, cgjobs, vfxjobs