Reel FX Recruiting Matte Painting Supervisor
Matte Painting Supervisor – Feature Film – Dallas Location
Company: Reel FX
Location: Santa Monica (United States)
Start Date: immediately
You will be supervising a great team of industry professionals and talented newer matte painters and compositors. Bring your love for the industry and the art of Matte Painting. Be able to offer true leadership while fully understand what it takes to make great Matte Paintings. Your professional experience and sense of strong visual design combined with your ability to offer effective solutions to complex environmental challenges is what we are looking for.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Able to capture the look and feel of the film design language and help your team to accurately reproduce the look as designed by the Production Designer and Art Director.
• Create work that establishes the look for the matte paintings as reference guides.
• Participate in launches and approval meetings by clarifying direction and creative goals.
• Offer suggestions and alternatives during dailies or other creative reviews to achieve the desired vision.
• Translate 2D concept art to realized 3D shots.
• Provide input during visual development/design phase.
• Have strong effective communication skills.
• Work well with a creative group environment.
• Set the tone of department and studio professionalism.
• Bid the schedule along with the VFX Supervisor and Production Management team.
• Collaborate with Production Management regarding progress and setbacks of Matte Painters as it relates to the original bid.
• Partner with Production Designer, Production Management and VFX Supervisor to ensure that requests from Directors are prioritized and provide solutions that can be accomplished within the production schedule.
• Work with Production Coordinator to cast shots/assignments.
• Supervise Matte Painters, Matte Painting Compositors and Matte Painting TD for their assigned shows.
• Be the point person for consistency of the Matte Paintings and able to add final polishing to shots if needed.
• Responsible for improving the performance of artists on the team. Mentor artists to provide guidance, experience and insight.
•Deliver effective performance reviews to crew members with Artist Management and help to resolve performance related issues.
• Help with recruiting and perform interviews.
• Troubleshoot creative and technical issues as they arise.
• Professional mastering of the latest version of Adobe Photoshop. Nuke, Mari, Maya and Vue skills are desirable.
• Understanding of 3D camera projections.
• Experience with 3D modeling and compositing software a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements
• 1+ years of previous experience as a Matte Painting Supervisor and/or Lead Matte Painter
• 5+ years of feature film experience
• Animation production experience a plus.
• Dedicated to the art of Matte Painting.
•Understanding of industry workflow standards.
• Full breadth of art understanding and ability to speak clearly about design principles.
• Higher Education Art Degree from a reputable College or years of fine arts experience.
• Recent Demo Reel and/or website of professional work along with a current resume required to apply.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply here:- http://jobs.reelfx.com/positions/matte-painting-supervisor-feature-film-dallas-location-360
Reel FX Recruiting Matte Painting Supervisor, Reel FX, Reel FX hiring, Reel FX Studio, Reel FX Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Reel FX Recruiting, Reel FX Recruiting Matte Painting Supervisor