Reel FX Recruiting Matte Painting TD
Matte Painting TD
Company: Reel FX
Location: Dallas (United States)
Start Date: immediately
This position is for our DALLAS location
Seeking Mid to Senior level TD for our Dallas, Texas Studio location. Directly collaborate and work with the Matte Painting Supervisor and CG Supervisor to create a dynamic work flow to insure the ability of the department to create innovative matte paintings for 3D animated features. Minimum experience for applications is 3 years on high-end Film and Animation projects. Feature Animation pipe development experience is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for setting up 2D and 3D matte paintings for proper matte painting coverage, camera projection and desired parallax in a stereoscopic Animated Feature.
• Responsible for rendering and delivering pre-approved Matte Paintings and elements to Lighting and other departments.
• Develops, configures and maintains the matte painting pipeline.
• Creates and leads technical meetings on the specifics requirements for the Matte Painting pipeline and techniques.
• Help prioritized daily needs of the department from set-up to delivery.
• Provides technical and artistic support for the matte painting artists.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Basic 3D Modeling and 2D Compositing skills required.
• Expert experience and skill knowledge of 3D Camera Projections in Nuke.
• Experience in writing scripts and gizmos for a Nuke base department pipeline.
• Scripting skills in Python. Mel scripting a plus.
• Assist in the Research and Development of new techniques for the department.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to lead technical discussions.
• Able to work as a team player and be open to new ideas and opinions.
• Understand and able to work on Mac, Linux and PC platforms.
• Ability to follow directions and complete tasks independently while working within the framework of a team.
• Ability to problem solve, anticipate problems and meet tight deadlines.
• Detailed orientated and able to contribute to the daily artistic and creative dialogue of creating a film.
• Able to offer visual and technical solutions as well and give and take constructive criticism.
• Works well with others and open to new ideas and processes.
• Interest in Matte Painting and techniques.
• Desire to mentor others.
• Strong Portfolio that clearly demonstrates skill level.
• Bachelors in a Computer Programming programs from a reputable College or University preferred.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply here:- http://jobs.reelfx.com/positions/matte-painting-td-feature-film-dallas-location-351
Reel FX Recruiting Matte Painting TD, Reel FX, Reel FX hiring, Reel FX Studio, Reel FX Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Reel FX Recruiting, Reel FX Recruiting Matte Painting TD