Reel FX Recruiting Rigging Artist
Rigging Artist (Animated Feature Film)
Company: Reel FX
Location: Dallas (United States)
Start Date: immediately
THIS IS FOR OUR DALLAS LOCATION!!!
Under the direct supervision of the Rigging Supervisor, this position is responsible for character, vehicle, and prop set up and designing rigs that allow for clean interaction during animation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Complete tasks with minimal supervision and feedback.
• Train or supervise a specified task.
• Communicate effectively with non-rigging artists.
• Step into a temporary Lead role if necessary.
• Create larger tools to work in our pipeline.
• Create complex custom modules that work within the module system and rigging pipeline.
• Possess a solid understanding of the overall studio pipeline
• Problem solve issues for other departments
• Work closely with Animators to develop rigs that will allow animators the full range of motion and acting that is called for by the story, as well as, a logical and easy to use control structure
• Communicate needs for custom tools, scripts, etc, to Rigging Supervisor, other Riggers, and TD’s. Assist in the planning and design, as well as developing the tools and scripts as needed.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Reel FX pipeline
• Communicate work status to Rigging Supervisor, and others, as required.
• Constantly be learning and experimenting with new techniques to better our process.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s (BA) degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years production experience
• A strong understanding of animation and modeling workflows
• A strong understanding of human and animal form and bio-mechanics.
• Ability to create rigs that allow for a full range of movement, with a logical, easy to use, and well thought out control structure.
• Excellent knowledge of maya, with a strong understanding of the dependency graph, utility nodes, and the use of expressions. A working knowledge of MEL is a must. A working knowledge of Python is preferred. Knowledge of the C++ API is not required, but is a distinct advantage.
• A general understanding of the principles of animation. Must be able to think like an animator when considering how rigs will move. Prior animation experience is a plus.
• Ability to work in a team environment, possess strong communication skills, exhibit a high level of motivation.
• Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• Able to multi-task and prioritize
• Able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
• Able to follow directions well
• Experience with Quadrupeds a Plus
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply here:- http://jobs.reelfx.com/positions/rigging-artist-animated-feature-film-290
Reel FX Recruiting Rigging Artist, cgi, cg job, 3d job, vfx jobs, Reel FX jobs, Reel FX hiring, jobs, 3djobs, cgjobs, vfxjobs