Reel FX Recruiting Technical Director
Category: Technical Director
Company: Reel FX
Location: Dallas (United States)
Start Date: immediately
We are currently hiring for our visually captivating animated feature, which tells a Romeo and Juliet style love story set against the Mexican “Day of the Dead” back drop, directed by Jorge Gutierrez (”El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera”) and produced by Guillermo del Toro!
We are looking for TD candidates to join and work with collaborative in-house team.
The Technical Director is a production position. The Technical Director works closely with the production Supervising Technical Director and production artists to support the technical execution of a project. Technical directors guide projects through the production pipeline by validating production assets, troubleshooting scenes, writing tools, and addressing technical challenges across all disciplines of the CG pipeline. The successful candidates have the ability to identify deficiencies in the technical process and to research, design, and implement solutions to enhance production workflow. The technical director must work well in a team-oriented production environment, where daily proactive problem solving and technical innovation are expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Works closely with the production supervisors in the early strategy and technical setup of a project in order to clearly define workflow, optimize efficiencies, and enable fluid handoff of assets between departments for each stage of the pipeline.
• Troubleshoots problems across all pipeline disciplines: examples include validation of modeling and texturing integrity and performance, Asset (characters, props and environments) development and publishing, animation issues, lighting and rendering problems.
• Studies issue patterns and trends, identifies common technical problems in a production, and recommends/implements new processes or workflows to address those problems.
• Identifies efficiency tool development needs and works directly with leads, artists, and the Pipeline Tools group to define requirements, develop and test prototypes, and develop end solutions.
• Locates, tests, and diagnoses issues with rendering workflow or output, including the maintenance and troubleshooting of shaders and tools.
• Monitors the handoffs between departments and identifies problematic areas or process bottle-necks: examples include asset publish upstream from departments, ingestion and management of animation data, and integration of character and visual effects into lighting scenes.
• Collaborates with other technical directors and software developers, attends regular production technology team meetings and serves an active role in the direction of the pipeline.
Education and Experience Requirements
• General production experience in the following areas: Layout, Animation, Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Fur, Cloth, Effects, Lighting, and Compositing.
• Thorough knowledge of CG production workflow and methodologies.
• Thorough knowledge of Maya, Mel or Python.
• Knowledge of Houdini, Python and Vex a plus.
• Thorough knowledge of UNIX/Linux, procedural and object-oriented programming languages, as well as shell/Perl/Python scripting; shader and plug-in writing a plus.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of personalities at varied levels of technical understanding.
• Engages artists with a positive attitude and encourages feedback on solutions and actively implements solutions that recognize artist workflow and interface concerns.
• Ability to manage time and balance priorities amidst the pressures of our busy, deadline-driven industry.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply here:- http://jobs.reelfx.com/positions/technical-director-book-of-life-282
Reel FX Recruiting Technical Director, Reel FX, Lighting Artist, Compositing Artist, cgi, cg job, 3d job, vfx jobs, Reel FX jobs, Reel FX hiring, jobs, 3djobs, cgjobs, vfxjobs